Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is everything you love about Mexican food in one pot 30 minute meal. Delicious and healthy soup loaded with chicken, veggies and tortillas, this soup will warm you to the bones.
- On Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Add 1 tbsp oil and garlic; saute for about 1 minute. Press Cancel .
- Add half of tortilla strips, chicken, black beans, corn, broth, tomato sauce, chipotle in adobo, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid, turn pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High for 20 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl remaining 1 tbsp of oil to coat.
- Add tortilla strips and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crispy, stirring occasionally. Or skip this step and use tortilla chips.
- After Instant Pot has finished cooking, release pressure using Quick Release method.
- Open the lid and shred chicken with 2 forks right in the pot.
- Stir and serve hot with tortilla strips and garnishes.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container or right in the pot for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Freeze in a glass container or resealable silicone bags leaving room for expansion for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for 6 hours.
Reheat: Reheat amount you will consume at that time by simmering on low heat in a pot. Shouldn’t take more than 5-7 minutes.