Instant Pot Turkey Chili is ultimate fall and winter comfort food. Ground turkey, beans, veggies and spices simmer for 15 minutes in your electric pressure cooker with a taste like it has been cooking all day. You can also make this chili with dried beans.
- On 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, press Sauté and let appliance preheat until display says Hot.
- Swirl a bit of oil to coat, add ground turkey and cook for 4 minutes, breaking into small pieces with spatula often. Meat doesn’t have to cook through.
- If you see bottom of the pot has stuck browned bits of meat, add 1/2 cup broth and deglaze the pot. If not – then it’s fine. My 6 quart Instant Pot runs hotter than 8 quart.
- Press Cancel and add remaining 1/2 cup (if deglazed) or 1 cup broth.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, corn, beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Do not stir to avoid Burn.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 15 minutes.
- After release pressure using Quick Release by turning pressure valve to Venting position, which takes 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir and serve hot with your favourite toppings.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.
To make chili with dried beans (no soaking): Use 2 cups dried beans with 4 cups stock and cook for 40 minutes.