- On Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins. Swirl oil to coat if cooking ground chicken or turkey. No need for oil with ground beef.
- Add ground meat of choice and cook for about 5 minutes, constantly breaking into small pieces and stirring. Add onion and garlic half way through.
- Add broth, thyme, salt, pepper and stir to deglaze the pot if you see burnt bits on the bottom.
- Press Cancel and add mushrooms and pasta. Stir.
- Close the lid and move pressure valve to Sealing, and press Pressure Cook on High for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting.
- Add 1 cup yogurt and 1 cup milk, stir, cover and let stroganoff sit for 10 minutes to create the sauce.
- Open the lid and adjust thickness to taste with more milk and/or yogurt if desired.
- Sprinkle with parsley, stir and serve warm.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days, in inner por or airtight container. I would not recommend to freeze.
Reheat with a splash of milk or broth right in inner pot or other small pot on the stove. Simmer on low while stirring a few times and until warmed through.