Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers with any ground meat, any rice and in half the time your mom’s. Juicy, flavorful and easy weeknight meal – sign me up!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Ukrainian
- 8–9 medium-large bell peppers
- 2 lbs any ground meat (I used ground turkey)
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice or 2–2 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- 15 oz can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup stock, low sodium
- Cook 3/4 cup rice with 3/4 cup cold water in Instant Pot: white rice – 3 mins and brown rice – 22 mins. Natural release pressure for 10 mins.
- While rice is cooking, using the paring knife cut around the tail of a pepper and discard seeds using a tablespoon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground meat, cooked rice, onion, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper.
- Using your hand or spatula, mix all ingredients really well.
- Stuff peppers with mixture diving evenly.
- To Instant Pot, add trivet and stock.
- Arrange 1 layer of peppers and top with half of the tomato sauce. Lay remaining peppers and top with remaining sauce.
- Close the lid, turn release vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook or Manual on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure immediately by turning the valve to Venting – Quick Release. Your stuffed peppers are ready.
- Serve with plain yogurt/sour cream and juices from the bottom of the pot (turkey baster is the best to suck those up).
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate stuffed uncooked peppers for up to 2 days and cook when ready.
- If using ground turkey, add a few tablespoons of oil to make it more moist.
- Any Italian dried herbs work.
- I have 8 quart Instant Pot and it’s large enough to cook all peppers at once. If yours is 6 quart, cook in 2 batches.
- You can’t use uncooked rice because once mixed with meat it will be undercooked and peppers and turkey overcooked.
- You can replace rice with uncooked quinoa, then cook for 15 mins in 8 quart and 20 mins in 6 quart.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.