Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole made healthy with candied pecan topping in your electric pressure cooker from start to finish. Fluffy, crunchy, delicious and so convenient for a busy Thanksgiving day.
- On any size Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot (takes 4-5 minutes).
- Add pecans and toast until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Takes about 7 minutes.
- Add rosemary, 1 tbsp maple syrup and stir until well coated. Transfer to a bowl and press Cancel on Instant Pot.
- Add water, sweet potatoes, water and 1/4 tsp salt. Liquid will not and should not cover the potatoes.
- Close the lid, move pressure valve to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting.
- Drain sweet potatoes very well.
- Add butter, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and mash until smooth.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to square 8 x 8 baking dish, level with spatula and sprinkle with pecan topping.
- We enjoy it as is OR you can add an egg to the mixture and bake without the topping for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then add the topping.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a counter for 4-5 hours or in the fridge overnight. Warm up in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate peeled and cubed potatoes in a bowl with cold water for up to 2 days. Cook as per recipe. Or prepare entire mash and refrigerate and store candied pecans in a dry place, then assemble and warm up in the oven.