Instant Pot Taco Soup is easy healthy soup with mostly pantry ingredients. Serve with traditional Mexican flavors like tortilla chips, cheese and yogurt and your family will love it!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup and Stew
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 2 x 15 oz cans tomato sauce, low sodium
- 2 x 15 oz cans low sodium black, red kidney or pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned (drained)
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp onion powder or flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups low sodium broth or water
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- 1/2 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Yogurt, cheese, lime and tortilla chips, for serving
- On Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins.
- Swirl oil to coat, add ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, constantly breaking into small pieces and stirring. Press Cancel.
- Add ingredients in the following order (to avoid Burn): beans, corn, taco seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, salt, pepper, broth and tomato sauce. Do not stir!
- Close the lid, move pressure valve to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High for 10 – 20 minutes (longer – deeper flavours but overall soup is ready fast).
- Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting.
- Add cilantro and stir (I didn’t have any and it was fine).
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, yogurt, cheese and limes (if desired).
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container or inner Instant Pot pot with a fitting glass lid for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.
You can use ground beef, just nutritional information will change.
You might need to use less salt if using regular (not low sodium) tomato sauce.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.