- On 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins.
- Add sausage. If it is raw chicken/turkey or any cooked sausage, you will need some oil. Brown for 3 minutes. Sausage will not really brown but rather cook a bit. It’s fine, we just want a bit flavor.
- Press Cancel. Add onion, potatoes, carrots, zucchini (if using), 1 garlic clove, broth, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper. No need to stir.
- Close the lid, move pressure valve to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting.
- Add kale, milk and remaining garlic.
- Stir and serve hot with a slice of fresh bread.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container or inner Instant Pot pot with a silicone lid for up to 5 days. To reheat, simmer in a small pot desired amount. Do not freeze.
Make Ahead: Saute sausage and add veggies and broth (not kale and milk) to the inner pot. Cover with silicone or glass lid, refrigerate for up to 24 hours and cook following the recipe.