Italian Pasta Salad with salami, fresh cheese and veggies, and your favorite pasta are tossed in delish Italian dressing for crazy good crowd pleaser year round.
- Cook pasta as per package instructions in a pot of salted water (prevents sticking and flavors pasta), undercooking by 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to prevent cooking. Set aside to cool and drain well.
- In a large salad bowl, add tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, bocconcini, salami, onion, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, dried oregano and basil.
- Add cooked pasta to the salad bowl, drizzle with dressing and stor gently with large spoon to combine.
- It is best to let salad chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Bring to a potluck, serve as a lunch, meal prep for a work week or serve with chicken or any grilled meat for dinner.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2-3 days. Do not freeze.
Reheat: I like to give pasta salad 20 seconds warm up in the microwave to “melt” olive oil.
Make ahead: Refrigerate all salad ingredients and dressing covered and separately for up to 24 hours. Combine before serving.