Lemon Zucchini Muffins made healthy with whole wheat flour, plain yogurt, zucchini and no refined sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with liners or use silicone muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, oil, lemon juice + zest, zucchini, baking powder + soda, and salt; whisk well to combine. Add flour and stir gently to mix. Do not over mix.
- (Optional) In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Using large ice cream scoop, fill 12 openings with batter and spoon mixed Topping (optional) on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in the tin for at least 60 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool off completely.
Store: On a plate on a kitchen counter covered with a towel for first 2 days. If any are left at that point (let’s be honest), I transfer them to a container with a lid and into the fridge for another 3 days.
Freeze:Bake, cool and place in a gallon size Ziploc container. Release as much air as possible and seal. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, just place on a counter for a few hours. There is nothing to spoil.