- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray non-stick 12 muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat bran and milk and stir. Set aside and let soak.
- In the meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add egg and whisk for 15 seconds. Add applesauce, maple syrup, avocado oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add soaked oat bran and whole wheat flour; gently mix until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in raisins, cranberries, coconut flakes and nuts.
- Distribute batter evenly between 12 openings of a tin (I used regular ice cream scoop) and bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let muffins cool for a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.