This No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is fluffy, full of strawberry flavour and lighter. Easy to make with fresh or frozen strawberries and Nutella crust, this is the perfect cake for any celebration.
No Bake Crust:
- To roast nuts, preheat skillet on medium heat and add nuts. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and fragrant. Watch them not to burn.
- In a food processor, add roasted nuts and process until coarse. You can laso chop them by hand or with a hand chopper.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and process or stir in a bowl until well mixed. It will smell like Nutella.
- Line 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. You can do so by cutting out a circle a size of the pan. Or place parchment on the bottom pan, close springform on top and then cut out parchment on the outside.
- Add processed crust and flatten it using a spatula or your hands. Set aside.
No Bake Strawberry Filling:
- In a small saucepan, add 1/2 cup cold water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside and let it bloom while you are making the filling.
- In a food processor, add strawberries and process until very smooth and well blended puree forms.
- Place fine mesh strainer over a bowl, pour as much strawberry puree as fits in it and using a spoon push to strain through. You should end up with about 1 cup liquid.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and yogurt. Beat on high speed until smooth and no lumps, about 5 minutes.
- Add strawberry puree, maple syrup, vanilla and process until well combined, pausing and scraping the walls if necessary.
- Place pot with bloomed gelatin (it will look thick) on low heat. Warm up stirring constantly until gelatin liquid is clear and gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Remove gelatin from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup cheesecake filling to it, stir and pour back into a bowl with filling. Beat with a mixer until well combined.
- Pour filling into prepared pan on top of crust. Refrigerate for at least 7 hours on the bottom shelf or overnight.
- To serve, run knife around the edge of cheesecake inside the springform pan before releasing it. This step ensures cake won’t crack.
- Then carefully release and remove springform, cut into 12 slices and serve. I would add chopped strawberries to individual plates. I added on top for pics but it is hard to cut cake with them.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers in a cheesecake pan covered with plastic or foil for up to 2 days.
Freeze: You can freeze leftovers or entire cheesecake by wrapping it inside the form in plastic and then aluminum foil. Thaw on a counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
Make Ahead: You can make cheesecake ahead and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. I would wrap it well, so air doesn’t dry out the top and add chopped strawberries before serving.