Quick 30 minute pasta dinner that I made with a lot of Kalamata olives from a giant jar from Costco, farmer’s market tomatoes and organic soft goat cheese that had to be used up ASAP (leftover from making kale blueberry salad). Then I added fresh garden basil and parsley, grown by me.
I also quickly sautéed tomatoes in a new crop of garlic my neighbour gave me, for added flavour. Grape tomatoes would be great too, I just didn’t have any.
I don’t wanna say this recipe is awesome because if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be posting it. Kalamata olives + pasta = match made in heaven, try it!
For pasta I used my favourite organic kamut penne which is smaller than regular penne. If you have Celiac or gluten sensitivity you can use gluten free pasta. As always, a reminder to read the ingredients label as majority of gluten free products are not clean and contain many chemicals and additives.
More Healthy Pasta Recipes
- Spaghetti with tomato sauce
- Penne with broccoli
- Healthy chicken alfredo
- Mushroom stroganoff
- Healthy mac and cheese
Penne with Kalamata Olives, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Super easy Pasta with kalamata olives, tomatoes and goat cheese taking advantage of summer produce’s bounty and Costco’s jumbo jars.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 12 oz whole wheat or kamut penne, dry (use gluten free if necessary)
- 2 – 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced (grape tomatoes work too)
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups Kalamata olives, pitted & cut in halves
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp basil or mint (I prefer), finely chopped
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt to taste (if necessary)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (optional but so good)
- Cook pasta al dente as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, preheat large deep skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat.
- Add garlic along with tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Add olives, cooked pasta, parsley and basil (mint) to the skillet with tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Add goat cheese and pine nuts (if using); stir gently. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve warm.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 2 – 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.