These Egg Muffins are easy, quick and are great for make ahead breakfasts. With quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and cheese, these fluffy Breakfast Egg Muffins are hearty and healthy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: North American
- 9 eggs, large
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 handfuls spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil/water, drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp onion or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place unbleached muffin liners into a 12 muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add cooked quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, ground flaxseed, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tin openings and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. or freeze
Freeze: For up to 3 months. Thaw in a fridge overnight and then reheat in a microwave for a few minutes.
Substitute eggs with egg whites keeping ratio of 1 egg = 1/4 cup egg whites.
You could make an egg bake in an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with unbleached parchment paper and then cut into squares.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.