- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry turkey breast. Place in a large baking tray that fits a rack. We will season and bake in same dish.
- Using paring knife or shears, trim fat from turkey breast, if necessary.
- In a small bow, add softened butter, garlic, rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mash and mix with a fork.
- Using hands or brush (depends how soft is your butter), rub turkey breast with seasoned butter all around, starting from the bottom with bone side. Make sure to rub the meat part, in the crevices and under the skin well whenever possible.
- Make sure turkey breast is side up. Place it on a rack and then put rack inside the baking dish. Pour water on a side.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes on a bottom rack.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 70-80 minutes more or until internal temperature in the deepest part of meat reaches 150 – 155 degrees F when checked with thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice against the grain using a sharp knife.
- Serve warm with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days. Or freeze in portions for up to 3 months and use in sandwiches, salads, frittatas, casseroles and soups.