Just toss chicken, potatoes, carrots and spices in a baking dish and bake. Juicy dark meat, crispy skin, roasted onion – sign me up!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pan
- Cuisine: Ukrainian
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 6 large potatoes, cut into 1.5″ cubes (large)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin or coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare large 9 x 13 baking dish with walls.
- To the dish, add chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and bay leaves. Drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with cumin or coriander, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and chicken juices run clear when poked.
- Remove from the oven and dig in! How easy was this?!
The best chicken to use is any cut with bone in and skin on.
You can use any dried herbs you like or have on hand. And skip cumin or use coriander instead.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.