Healthy Chicken and Lentil Soup Recipe made with lentils and vegetables in slow cooker or on stovetop. Top with tortilla chips and you are in heaven!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 8 cups chicken stock, low sodium*
- 14 oz can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils, dry
- 3 large (2 lbs) chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 3 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 3 handfuls greens like spinach and kale
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips, for garnish (optional)
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken stock, coconut milk, garlic powder, salt, lentils and stir to mix.
- Submerge chicken in the liquid, cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4 hours. You could also cook soup on a stovetop for 45 minutes or so.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks; return to the slow cooker.
- Add corn, greens, cilantro and green onion; stir well.
- Serve hot with crushed organic tortilla chips on top if you wish (I recommend!!!).
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.
*I used boiling water with 2 organic no sodium chicken bouillon cubes.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.