Healthy Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms Recipe is stuffed mushroom caps with mushroom stems, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley and 2 kinds of cheese without breadcrumbs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20 servings 1x
- 20 large white mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp + a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or finely shredded
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a damp paper towel, wipe down the mushrooms. Remove/pull out the stems and finely chop them. Set aside. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- Preheat medium skillet on medium high and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and chopped mushroom stems and saute for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a medium bowl along with parsley, garlic, black pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt and mozzarella cheese. Mix with a fork.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the mushroom caps with stuffing. Place a bit of remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold. I like them both ways.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days. Do not freeze. Can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance: refrigerate mushroom caps and stuffing separately, then fill and bake just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.