Make authentic Thai Chicken Curry in 30 minutes with simple ingredients from any grocery store.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Thai
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1.5” cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch ginger knob, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 3 oz tomato paste, low sodium
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 5 kaffir lime leaves or basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt + more
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro and lime, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat large deep skillet or wok on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. It burns fast.
- Add chicken sprinkled with a pinch of salt, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Doesn’t have to be cooked through.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, tomato paste, maple syrup, kaffir lime leaves (if using), salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil or cilantro, a bit of lime juice and serve over brown rice.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container for 2-3 days or freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
If you don’t use kaffir lime leaves, add fresh basil leaves at the end.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.