This is The Best Homemade Hummus Recipe that is easy and creamy. You will never buy hummus again!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Middle East
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp water, warm
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 garlic cloves, medium
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 14 oz can low sodium chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Add all ingredients to a powerful blender in exact order as listed above: water, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and chickpeas.
- Process until very smooth, pausing and scraping the walls, if necessary. About 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds or za’atar.
- Serve with whole grain crackers or easy dipping vegetables like celery sticks, baby carrots, zucchini/cucumber slices, snap peas and grape tomatoes.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Do not freeze.
You can use food processor but hummus will be less fluffy and creamy. The more powerful the blender, the smoother hummus will be.
I cook my own chickpeas. I used to soak chickpeas and cook them on the stove. But now I cook Instant Pot chickpeas with no soaking and it’s life changing.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.