Zucchini banana bread is an easy, quick bread that is perfect for summer baking. Moistened and sweetened with fruit and veggies, it is a hybrid of two favorite breads with virtually no oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add egg, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk until everything is dissolved well. Sometimes if baking soda and powder have lumps, it takes a minute to let them sit and then whisk again.
- Add flour and stir with spatula just until combined.
- Add zucchini and stir just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, level with spatula and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Insert toothpick into the center of the bread and if it comes out clean remove bread from the oven. Let cool in a loaf pan for 10 minutes and then transfer onto the cooling rack to cool more.
- Cut with serrated knife into 12 slices and enjoy.
Storing: If you are baking bread in summer, I highly recommend to refrigerate it in a container lined with double paper towel. It is moist without oil and can develop mold in warm conditions fast. During cooler months, Store covered on a counter for 3-4 days.
Freezing: Past day 4, I recommend to freeze bread. Place in Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on a counter for a few hours.