Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe is a blend of four simple spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Also known as pumpkin spice, this easy homemade mix is perfect substitute for pricey store bought one.
It is perfect for Fall baking!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitute
Move over store bought expensive and full of preservatives pumpkin pie spice. Today I am sharing 4 ingredient pumpkin pie spice recipe.
And it’s not only about the convenience of making pumpkin pie spice substitute any time you are out. And you feel like baking healthy pumpkin cookies.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Spice
4 or 5 simple spices 99% you have on hand right now. Quality spices make the most fragrant pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Cinnamon: Warm and comforting, I add it even to healthy banana bread with applesauce.
- Nutmeg: Sweet, nuty and peppery.
- Ginger: It is adds a spicy bite.
- Cloves: A bit bitter pungent flavor profile.
Optional: If you have allspice, add it as well. It adds strong spicy aroma.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 ways to make DIY pumpkin pie spice:
- In a bowl: In a small bowl, add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Stir very well with a fork or small whisk.
- In a jar: Or add all ingredients to a glass jar with a lid you plan on storing pumpkin pie spice in and shake well.
Storing and Tips
- Container: I prefer to store all spices in tight screw on lid glass jars (Mason jars are perfect!) for freshness. I find plastic does not do as good of a job.
- Where: Store in a cool dry place like pantry or a spice drawer away from direct sunlight.
- How long: This amount usually lasts me about 1-2 years. If it clumps, just whisk with a fork or shake in a jar.
- Yield: This pumpkin pie spice recipe yields about 6 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice. As a rule of thumb, I always use at least 1 tbsp per recipe.
- Substitute amount: Follow the recipe and use the amount it calls for – homemade or store bought pumpkin spice have very similar flavor profile.
- Gift: Double the recipe, place in 4 oz glass Mason jars (pictured), make cute label and give away during Holidays to friends, family, co-workers and teachers.
- Coffee: Stir in 1 tsp with coffee grinds right in the basket of a coffee maker and hit Brewing.
- Granola: Add 1 tbsp to this granola recipe to make it pumpkin pie granola.
Recipes with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Healthy pumpkin bread
- Healthy pumpkin muffins
- Healthy pumpkin pie
- Healthy pumpkin cookies
- Healthy pumpkin bars
- Healthy pumpkin soup
- Healthy pumpkin brownies
And for a savory way to enjoy it, use it on air fryer sweet potato fries!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- In a small bowl, add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Stir very well with a fork or small whisk.
- Or add all ingredients to glass jar with a lid you plan on storing pumpkin pie spice in and shake well.
Store: Store in a cool dry place like pantry or drawer for up to 2 years.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.