Almond Flour Banana Bread is moist and melt in your mouth loaf entire family will love! Paleo, low sugar and gluten free. Your kids will go bananas for it!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
This almond flour banana bread always disappears fast in my kitchen. It is moist, tender and melts in your mouth banana bread loaf. Only lemon zucchini bread disappears faster. It’s OMG crazy good. We fight for it. Anyways…
Let me preface by saying we do eat grains. I know some people are truly sensitive to gluten. For us, organic whole grains make vital part of our wholesome diet. I’m not a huge baker but I bake a lot of healthy muffins and quick breads. So perfect for healthy breakfast and snacks.
And even though we can eat “regular” banana bread, I like to make almond flour banana bread too.
How Ripe Bananas Should Be?
Attention! Make sure your bananas are ripe. From my experience with almond flour banana muffins, I know some people use just yellow or even (scary to think) 50 shades of green bananas.
For tasty and easy almond flour banana bread use bananas:
- Deep yellow with plenty of black spots on the outside
- Soft inside
Seriously, have you ever tried to mash green bananas?:)
Using Almond Flour
Almond flour tastes different from any other flour. It is basically finely ground raw blanched almonds. Just like eating nuts, you will consume high amount of healthy fat, protein and some fiber.
Almond flour adds moist and that melt in your mouth texture I often refer too. Almost like a cotton candy. “Almost” haha.
For all of the above reasons, I like to make banana bread recipe with almond flour. From time to time.
Making It Paleo
The only thing that’s not paleo in this banana bread is baking powder. You can make your own at home easy-peasy.
How to Store and Freeze Almond Flour Banana Bread
We store banana bread on a counter wrapped in plastic or straight in the loaf pan covered with plastic. Then cut a slice each time.
You can slice it fully and wrap each slice in plastic but in my opinion it is not environmentally friendly option.
Banana bread stays fresh on a counter for up to 3 days. After you can refrigerate for another 3 days.
Can I freeze quick bread? Yes. Any.
Bake banana bread and cool completely. I recommend you do not slice bread before freezing. It retains its moisture better this way. Place in a gallon size Ziploc container, let out as much air as possible and seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw, defrost on a counter. Takes about 3-4 hours. Bread will taste just like freshly baked. Pop it into a toaster for a minute for that freshly baked bread warmth and aromas.
Enjoy this almond flour banana bread!
More Healthy Quick Bread Recipes
- Healthy banana bread
- Healthy zucchini bread
- Healthy pumpkin bread
- Healthy chocolate bread
- Healthy apple bread
- Healthy chocolate chip pumpkin bread
Almond Flour Banana Bread
Almond Flour Banana Bread is moist and melt in your mouth loaf entire family will love. Paleo, low sugar and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 slices 1x
- Category: Muffins and Quick Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: North American
- 3 large very ripe bananas with brown spots
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup avocado or any mild oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour (not almond meal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas and mash with a masher.
- Then add eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; whisk until combined.
- Add almond flour and stir and mix gently with spatula to combine. Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove almond flour banana bread from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 10 minutes. Holding onto the flaps of parchment paper remove bread from a loaf pan and let it cool off completely before slicing with sharp serrated knife.
Store: Store covered in a cool dry place for up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.