Thai Chili Sauce
Authentic Thai sweet chili sauce recipe or how to make healthy homemade sweet chili sauce without preservatives and refined sugar. Same thick, sweet and spicy like store bought just waaaay healthier!
This sweet chili sauce keeps well in the fridge for a month or so. Give it a shake before using and you are good to go. Great with meat, fish and for dipping.
What Is Sweet Chili Sauce?
According to Wikipedia, Thai sweet chili sauce translated from Thai means literally “dipping sauce for chicken”. You know that thick sweet and spicy orange in colour store-bought sauce? Most popular brand is Thai Kitchen. It is made of mostly refined sugar and spices.
That’s the Asian sweet chili sauce this healthy version recipe is for.
Thai Sauce Ingredients:
The best part is that all ingredients listed below are affordable and easy to buy organic. Main ingredient, maple syrup, is way better than sugar containing antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and lower glycemic index than sugar.
- Maple syrup
- Red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
How to Make Asian Sweet Chili Sauce
- In a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a glass jar and use with meats, seafood, vegetables and for dipping.
How Long Does It Last?
You can refrigerate sauce for up to 2-3 weeks. It might thicken a bit and become cloudy. Just warm it up quickly in a microwave or simmer on the stove on low heat. To thin out homemade Thai sweet chili sauce, add a splash of water after heating and stir. Adjust until desired consistency.
Remember, it’s homemade with natural ingredients.:)
What to Make with Thai Chili Sauce?
- Thai salmon – broiled salmon fillet with caramelized Thai chili sauce on top.
- Cedar plank salmon – a variation of Thai salmon on the grill.
- Thai chicken bites – healthy crowd pleasing appetizer.
- Slow cooker Thai chicken thighs – OMG so good and juicy!
Watch Olena Make Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp white or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 small garlic clove grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients until combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a glass jar and use with meat, fish, vegetables and for dipping. Highly recommend to make Thai Salmon that everyone will rave about for weeks!
Store: Refrigerate for up to a few weeks.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com