Salmon is delicious, versatile and widely available. We cook wild salmon on a regular basis and I have compiled 15 easy and healthy salmon recipes you can prepare for dinner in 30 minutes or less.
I recommend to spend a little bit more on wild salmon vs. farmed. It is more nutritious, contains less unhealthy saturated fat and is sustainable. To save about $10/lb on wild salmon, I buy fresh (more likely previously frozen) whole wild salmon and fillet it myself within 10 minutes.
Enjoy and be healthy!
Health Benefits of Wild Salmon
- Rich in long chain Omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease.
- High in vitamin Bs that help turn food you eat into energy, repair DNA and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- A source of protein.
- Rich in potassium that helps to control blood pressure.
- Loaded with selenium that is good for your bones’ health.
- Contains antioxidants.
Grilled Salmon Kebabs by Skinnytaste
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa by The Cookie Rookie
3 Ingredient Maple Glazed Salmon by Sweet Peas and Saffron
Sheet Pan Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon by Eat Yourself Skinny
Balsamic Salmon by Eating Bird Food
Healthy Baked Salmon Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Tear 2 pieces of foil and 1 piece of unbleached parchment paper longer than the width of a large baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with foil horizontally overlapping each other and place parchment vertically on top.
- Place salmon fillet onto parchment paper, distribute olive oil on top evenly and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold parchment paper over the salmon. Then fold the sides of the foil covering the salmon completely and sealing the packet closed (very important!). Bake for 20 minutes.
- Closer to the end of baking time, melt butter and mix with garlic and lemon juice. Brush over cooked salmon (open that packet carefully - it's hot), sprinkle with parsley or dill, cut into 5 pieces and serve.
Store: In the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make Ahead: Follow Steps 1 & 2, refrigerate and bake within 48 hours.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.