Honey Garlic Salmon is the best stove top salmon recipe for busy weeknights. Juicy salmon and crispy skin make this 30 minute dinner crazy good!
How to Cook Salmon on the Stove
This easy honey garlic salmon is the best stove top salmon recipe for busy weeknights. And rave reviews in comments do not lie! Juicy salmon fillets with caramelized honey crust with a hint of garlic, then topped with green onion.
Honey garlic salmon is healthy, tasty and kids love it.
I personally think garlic makes everything taste better. Easy salmon marinade consist of honey, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Marinate fresh salmon fillets in it for 15 minutes and then cook salmon on the stove for another 10 minutes.
30 minute healthy dinner is here!
What Salmon Can I Use?
We live on the West Coast, the homeland of disappearing salmon. So, I know a thing or two about salmon.:) I understand it’s pricey, so I will share a few tips below.
- Wild salmon is more healthy than farmed (source).
- Types of wild salmon good for pan searing: sockeye, coho, spring, king.
- Trout or more affordable variety of salmon, pink salmon, work too.
How to Fillet a Whole Salmon
You can save about $5/lb if you buy whole fresh salmon and fillet it yourself. Which is SUPER easy. I do it all the time!
- Using fillet knife, cut whole salmon lengthwise as close to the main bone as possible.
- Then using fillet knife again, remove main bone from the other fillet as close to the flesh as possible.
- Cut into smaller fillets. That’s it!!!
Since creating this honey garlic salmon recipe, to cook salmon on the stove is my new favourite method. You are guaranteed to get that crispy salmon skin that is often available at high end restaurants. Ane let’s agree that crispy salmon costs a lot when eating out.
So, please do not remove the skin. Just wash it and pat dry. You can always remove it after cooking if you don’t like it.
Skin also acts as a shield to prevent salmon from drying and burning while cooking on a skillet.
Honey Garlic Salmon for Meal Prep?
While salmon is marinating, cook quinoa as per package instructions (or make pressure cooker quinoa – so easy!). To cook broccoli, in a medium pot bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt along with broccoli, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place ice on top to stop the cooking process. Drain again after a few minutes.
What to Serve with Salmon?
More Tasty Salmon Recipes to Try
- Lime ginger salmon – You will enjoy an Asian twist on salmon.
- Salmon stir fry – Yes, you can cook it with tons of veggies
- Salmon burgers – No bread or breadcrumbs and so easy!!!
- Cedar plank salmon – with Thai sauce and smoky flavour (OMG!)
- Grilled salmon – basic BBQ salmon anyone can make.
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon lime juice
- 2 - 3 large garlic cloves grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 x 3 oz each salmon fillets skin on/off
- 1 - 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lemon/lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon fillets in a large resealable Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Squeeze as much air out as possible and seal the bag. Gently move fillets around inside the bag to make sure they are all evenly coated. Place flesh side down and let marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on low - medium heat and add oil, making sure it coats the bottom of the skillet evenly. Place salmon fillets flesh side down leaving enough space in between them. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, cook another minute and flip over. Repeat: cover, cook for 3 minutes, remove the lid and cook for another minute. If your skillet is not large enough, I recommend cooking in two batches. If you over crowd the skillet, cooking time increases by a few minutes for each step.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions, alongside quinoa and steamed broccoli - my favourite.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To make a full meal (optional): While salmon is marinating, cook quinoa per package instructions. To cook broccoli, in a medium pot bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt along with broccoli, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place ice on top to stop the cooking process. Drain and serve.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.