Thai Cauliflower Rice is a 30 minute dinner recipe made with riced cauliflower, coconut milk, peanuts and bell peppers.
Table of Contents
If you have never made cauliflower rice, all it takes is place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse for a few minutes. Just watch closely not to over process into a mush.
Cauliflower “rice” is a great way to enjoy the texture of rice with less calories and it can be substituted in many rice dishes like cauliflower risotto.
However, you have to pre-cook it a bit to reduce water content since cauliflower contains a lot of water, like zucchini.
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Cauliflower fried rice that will blow your family’s mind!
- Cheesy cauliflower rice with grated zucchini.
- Mexican cauliflower rice with ground turkey.
- Cauliflower pizza crust
May I suggest 24 other cauliflower rice recipes to try.
Thai Cauliflower Rice
- 2 lbs cauliflower 7 – 8 inch in diameter cauliflower head, separated into large florets
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded & minced*
- 1 medium bell pepper finely chopped
- 14 oz can coconut milk full fat**
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp + a pinch salt
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- In a food processor, add cauliflower in batches and process until “rice” forms. Just watch closely and do not over process into mush. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat non-stick skillet on medium – high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add cauliflower “rice” and cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until a bit golden, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat (small bits of cauliflower “rice” are fine). Add onion, garlic, jalapeños and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, maple syrup and salt; stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Stir in “rice” and peanuts. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot on its own or with extra brown rice for those extra hungry people, if desired.:)
- Store: Store leftovers in a glass airtight container for up to 3 – 4 days.
- *Leave seeds in for a hot dish. It is mild when peppers are seeded.
- **You could use light coconut milk but dish won’t be as creamy or rich. I embrace healthy fats.:)
I want turmeric cauliflower rice! I love the recipe, best one on Pinterest. I will make recipe as is but add 3/4 tsp of turmeric and hope that turns out well for my husband!!
So glad you found this recipe and thanks for the review!
So easy and came out really well! We’re a vegetarian family so I did substitute coconut aminos for the fish sauce but otherwise made as is. Mixed in some shredded seitan as this was a main dish and it was very filling.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for sharing your vegetarian adaptations!
If i want to use frozen cauliflower how much should i use? And if i want to do half rice how much of each? Can’t wait to try!
I would say 4 cups. For adding regular rice, you would have to add cooked rice.