Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Cauliflower fried rice with fresh or frozen cauliflower in 15 minutes. It is so tasty my kids thought it was real rice. Their eyes were a size of a saucer when I told them it’s cauliflower. Healthy kid friendly dinner, here we come.
Cauliflower rice stir fry is so easy, it makes to our Friday night menu. You know how I feel about cooking on a Friday night?! Just like you. Exactly!
Homemade vs. Store Bought “Rice”
Cauliflower rice is mock or faux rice where cauliflower is processed until “rice” texture. Therefore you can make it at home in a pinch. Or you can use store-bought cauliflower rice. Its coarse texture resembles more real rice because it is made with stems. That’s why more firm texture. That’s one of the reasons children were impressed.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice at Home:
- Separate large head of cauliflower into florets.
- Cut florets and stems in smaller chunks.
- Working in batches, add to a food processor and process until “rice” texture.
- Do not overcrowd otherwise “rice” will be mushy!!!
Tips for Best Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Medium head of cauliflower yields 4 cups of cauliflower “rice” which is a good amount to make this cauliflower fried rice recipe.
- Make sure all ingredients are ready before cooking – this dish cooks fast.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice directly to the skillet, without thawing. Buy a few bags of fresh “rice” and freeze.
- Use ground chicken or finely chopped boneless chicken breast and saute first in a pan before adding other ingredients.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and peas for 4-5 minutes in a large skillet. The larger the better.
- Push vegetables to the side, add eggs and cook until scrambled.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook until warmed through. Push cauliflower rice to the side and add honey and soy sauce. If using thick honey, hot skillet is perfect for melting it.
What to Serve With?
First of all, sprinkle with a lot of green onion. If you don’t add chicken like me, then juicy baked chicken breast would be perfect to go with rice. Or if you are a fan of dark meat, I recommend these baked garlic chicken thighs.
Craving More Cauliflower Rice Recipes?
- 25 cauliflower rice recipes – all possible variations are included in this amazing collection.
- Thai cauliflower rice with coconut milk and peanuts.
- Cauliflower rice, chicken and beans for a one pan low carb dinner.
- Cauliflower risotto that is date night in worthy.
Watch Olena Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!Print
Cauliflower Fried Rice
How to make Cauliflower Fried Rice with fresh or frozen cauliflower in 15 minutes. It is SO TASTY my kids thought it was real rice. Healthy, low carb, super light and flavourful.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 lb bag of cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 onion sprigs, finely chopped
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, peas and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Push vegetables to the side and add eggs. Cook until scrambled, stirring constantly.
- Add cauliflower rice (don’t thaw frozen one), stir and cook until warmed through.
- Push cauliflower rice to the side and add honey and soy sauce, stir well. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can make your own cauliflower rice BUT I prefer store-bought because it saves time AND its coarse texture resembles more real rice than homemade. I swear my kids’ eyes were a size of a saucer when I told them it’s not real rice.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.