Let’s be honest, no one likes or has time to cook breakfast, otherwise cereal, overnight oatmeal and instant pot steel cut oats would be dead in the water. I’m “normal” when it comes to breakfast. However, working from home I have a luxury of eating breakfast whenever I want to, whatever I want in the fridge or pantry (but please don’t think I’m feasting on smoothie bowls). There is that to it and I’m not denying.
For everyone else who has to rush out the door, this healthy breakfast meal prep is your secret weapon to eating protein packed and veggie loaded breakfast Mexican style (unless you don’t like eggs). Sauteed broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper, with scrambled eggs, salsa and whole grain toast.
If you are a male or a very hungry female, use more eggs. You can also sprinkle cheese on top of veggies or eggs, or just sprinkle some cheese. What the heck?!
Make This Recipe and Win Cosori Pressure Cooker
1. Throughout February make any iFOODreal’s recipe as a meal prep and take a picture.
2. Then post on Instagram, Facebook page or Facebook group using #ifoodreal and #ifoodrealmonthly hashtags (you must use both).
3. Bonus entry – tag at least 2 friends in the comments of your post.
Easy-peasy. Read full rules here.
How to Make Healthy Breakfast Meal PrepPrint
Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep
Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep with broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, eggs, salsa and whole grain toast for protein packed and veggie loaded breakfast on the go.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl 2 tbsp of oil to coat. Add broccoli and cauliflower, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, in a small bowl add eggs, water, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; whisk well. Set aside.
- To the skillet with vegetables, add bell pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Divide between 4 plastic or glass meal prep containers.
- Return skillet to the stove, swirl 1 tbsp of oil and add egg mixture. Cook until scrambled, stirring (folding) constantly. Divide between 4 meal prep containers, add small container of salsa, 1/2 toast and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Store: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.