Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep with broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, eggs, salsa and whole grain toast for protein packed and veggie loaded breakfast on the go.
Breakfast Meal Prep
For everyone who has to rush out the door in the AM, this healthy breakfast meal prep is your secret weapon to eating protein packed and veggie loaded breakfast Mexican style.
Sauteed broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper, with scrambled eggs, salsa and whole grain toast.
If you are very hungry and looking for very high protein breakfast, use more eggs. You can also sprinkle cheese on top of veggies or eggs, or just sprinkle some cheese. What the heck?!
What Veggies Can I Use?
This breakfast idea is not only easy, protein packed but is veggie loaded too. Use what you have on hand.
Any firm veggies that you can saute quickly:
- Shredded carrots
- Spiralized butternut squash
Can I Use Egg Whites?
Yes. To replace 8 large eggs you will need to use 2 cups egg whites.
I usually use organic or local eggs from a farmer where I know chicken roam free. Egg yolk contains most of the egg’s good stuff – iron, folate and vitamins.
According to Harvard, dietary cholesterol found in egg yolk does not translate into bad cholesterol for your heart. Things have really changed and it’s good to keep updated on latest research.
How Long Does It Last?
Refrigerate assembled containers for up to 5 days. I used these meal prep containers.
Watch Olena make Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep
More Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy breakfast sandwich
- Instant Pot egg bites
- Egg muffins
- Chia seed pudding
- Overnight oats
- Browse all breakfast recipes.
You may also love these healthy egg recipes!
Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl 2 tbsp of oil to coat. Add broccoli and cauliflower, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, in a small bowl add eggs, water, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; whisk well. Set aside.
- To the skillet with vegetables, add bell pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Divide between 4 plastic or glass meal prep containers.
- Return skillet to the stove, swirl 1 tbsp of oil and add egg mixture. Cook until scrambled, stirring (folding) constantly. Divide between 4 meal prep containers, add small container of salsa, 1/2 toast and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Store: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.