This post is in partnership with Curate snack bars full of super crunchy quinoa and other simple nutrient-dense ingredients.
Good news is summer is unfolding better than I expected. In a sense that I don’t feel like pulling my hair out re: children on a summer break. Kids really grow up. There is truth to everyone saying that although you might not share their feelings at that moment.
Yesterday I managed to shop with a friend for 3 hours. It cost me a cookie and an ice cream but I mean I leisurely strolled the mall with coffee in hand. And even tried on and bought clothes. Say whaaaaaat?!
Bad news is that our summer weather is far away from summer-y. Do you think I am upset? Not even a tiny bit. By mid 30s you kinda learn to make the best out of any situation. Rainy cool days are perfect for sleeping in, running and playing board games.
However, last week we had a few hot-hot days when you feel like even making eggs is too hot. So, kids and I whipped up these frozen Greek yogurt bites and enjoyed after dinner. One kid even replaced half of his dinner with the bites.
Which I didn’t mind because all this guilt-free treat contains is organic full fat Greek yogurt (I used local 6%), maple syrup, fresh blueberries from our recent farm haul and chopped Curate snack bars. I picked dark chocolate salted ones which I thought would be a nice addition to fresh blueberries and creamy yogurt.
Any of the 6 uniquely delicious flavours will go well. Which you can find on Amazon or at your local Target. Curate bars are non-GMO, gluten free and free of artificial flavours, colours and preservatives.
I wouldn’t recommend using non-fat or low fat yogurt because the yogurt bites won’t be creamy which is quite necessary for a frozen yogurt or ice cream, if you ask me. We popped these into our mouthes sitting outside on a hot summer night working on a fish attack plan for the next night. We didn’t catch any fish but it isn’t always about the result but rather the process…
To teach these little chubby fingers how to fish. Man, kids do really grow up. A few more years and there will be no more chubby fingers for me to photograph. So, I am taking it all while I can slowly checking off items on my summer bucket list.
It felt so-so-so good to give my kids a treat full of protein, fiber and healthy fats rather than full of added sugar and chemicals one. Speaking of ice cream truck driving by our house every hot summer night…
Make these, pop into a resealable bag and enjoy any time. Have a great-great summer and make the most of it even if things don’t go as planned!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, full fat (6-10% or more)*
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 any Curate bars, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Quinoa, hemp hearts and chia seeds, for toppings (optional)
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and gently stir.
- Line small muffin tin with liners or place liners on a plate (bites will spread a bit more) and using small ice cream scoop fill each opening. Sprinkle with toppings, if desired. Place in a freezer for 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw for a few minutes. With a help of a butter knife remove each bite from a tray and transfer to a container or a resealable plastic bag.
*Using low or non fat yogurt will result in way less tasty and creamy bites.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving = 1 bite:
Total Fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 4.7 mg
Sodium: 36.2 mg
Total Carbs: 6.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.9 g
WW Points+: 2