These healthy no-bake black bean brownies are fudgy, dense, and packed with chocolate flavor WITHOUT tasting like black beans! The whole family will love them and never know what the hidden ingredient is!
This isn’t the first time I’ve used ‘alternative’ ingredients in my brownies either. In fact, every single brownie recipe on my blog has a hidden element; healthy zucchini brownies, black bean brownies (baked), almond flour brownies, and pumpkin brownies!
Don’t let anyone know these no-bake brownies are made with black beans and applesauce, let them try first. I have heard it many times from my readers and friends, they say none of their family or friends can taste black beans, and the brownies are usually gone in no time.
I made black bean brownies last year and as temperatures kept rising, I thought what if I make a no-bake brownies version. I mean, I already have no-bake strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter pie, and Nutella pie – so why not brownies, too?!
Oh my, these applesauce brownies are sensational!!! I took them on a hike with a friend and she loved them (despite the fact they got defrosted and too soft). I sent her recipe the same day, she made them and her whole family loved them. Nobody tasted the beans, so try it!
What I love about these brownies the most is the fact they are so guilt free. Made with black beans, dates, applesauce, coconut oil, and cacao powder. Really that’s it. And come together in 10 minutes. You store them in a freezer and can enjoy them pretty much immediately, no need to thaw long.
Super, super, super good no-bake black bean brownies for a hot summer day! I mean, there’s no reason why black beans should stay to just savory recipes right?! Although I do love this mango black bean salad, black bean nachos, black bean soup, and black bean zucchini burgers!
black beans for every course, maybe?!
Other No-Bake Recipes
- Key lime pie bars
- No-bake protein cookies
- Peanut butter bars
- Coconut oil fudge
- Chocolate chia pudding
Also check out my full list of no-bake recipes!
No Bake Black Bean Brownies
- 14 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 13 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt*
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate drizzle on top optional**
- In a powerful blender or food processor, process all ingredients (except cacao nibs and drizzle) until very smooth. Add cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips and pulse a few times. Pour into lined with parchment paper 8" x 8" square dish. Level with spatula, drizzle with chocolate (optional) and freeze for at least 3 hours. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
Store: Store in a freezer in a glass airtight container for up to 3 - 4 months.
- *Might need less for canned beans as I used cooked ones without salt.
- **Melt a few tbsp of chocolate chips with coconut oil in a microwave.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.