To die for and so easy Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Bars!
Made super healthy with applesauce, carrots, oats, chia, raisins, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and Greek yogurt frosting, you will be making them over and over again!
Perfect for healthy breakfast or a snack!
My right thumb’s knuckle can’t heal properly because I keep grating carrots day after day, baking these oatmeal breakfast bars, carrot cake baked oatmeal, healthy carrot cake bars, and scooping carrot cake truffles.
As I grow up, the more I follow my heart doing what makes me happy.
And right now happy means a lot of carrots baked with a million of superfoods, topped with creamy Greek yogurt frosting and eaten for breakfast.
Skies know, I do not like cooking breakfast. So it better be ready for me in the morning.
Ingredients You Will Need
The list of ingredients seems long like for healthy carrot cake, but I promise they are simple and this recipe is easy!
- Rolled or quick oats
- Eggs or flax eggs
- Maple syrup or honey
- Avocado or olive oil
- Whole wheat spelt or gluten free flour
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Spices – Vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- Baking powder and soda, cooking spray.
How to Make Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Bars
All you have to do is first whisk the eggs, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
Then add carrots, oats, flour, chia, raisins, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and using spatula mix very well. Batter will be thick and chunky. Transfer it to 9 x 13 baking dish lined with parchment paper and level with spatula.
Once you press it into the baking dish, it will all bake together and you end up with healthy baked oatmeal basically. Super healthy one.
Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool off until room temperature, if planning on frosting. If not, then can slice and enjoy hot. But leaving it like this is not super exciting for me, but you can.
Creamy Greek Yogurt Frosting
Here is Greek yogurt frosting and it goes so well on these baked oatmeal breakfast bars. It makes them balanced and wonderfully moist.
Start with lining a colander with cheesecloth folded 4 times or linen towel. Place it over a smaller bowl, so it sits on it. Add Greek yogurt and let it drain in the fridge for 2-4 hours, up to 6 hours or overnight is OK.
Prepare frosting by whisking together in a bowl, strained Greek yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Then spread on top of baked oatmeal and using serrated knife cut into 16 bars.
You might also like to make easy healthy cream cheese frosting with Greek yogurt instead!
Enjoy and please let me know how you like them!
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipe to Try
- Carrot oatmeal muffins
- Overnight oats
- Healthy oatmeal muffins
- Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Healthy banana oatmeal muffins
More Healthy Bars Recipes to Try
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Bars
- 2 large eggs or flax eggs
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 3/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated carrots packed
- 2 cups quick/rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat, spelt or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- Start with Greek yogurt frosting. Line a colander with cheesecloth folded 4 times and place over a smaller bowl. Add yogurt and let drain in the fridge for 2-4 hours, up to 6 hours is OK.
- Bake bars. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, line 9 x 13 baking dish with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk well to combine. Add carrots, oats, flour, chia, raisins, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds; using spatula mix very well.
- Transfer mixture to previously prepared baking dish, level with spatula and then press into the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool off until room temperature.
- Frost bars. Prepare frosting by whisking together in a bowl, strained Greek yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Then spread on top of baked oatmeal and using serrated knife cut into 16 bars.
Store: Refrigerate covered tightly with plastic for up to 7 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.