This Healthy 7 Layer Dip Recipe was extremely easy to make. Just layer it. Instead of refried beans I used canned black beans because they are healthier and that’s what I had on hand.
I tried to keep the dip low in sodium – low sodium salsa, plain Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese and lots of shredded lettuce, for extra crunch as well. I’m also all about all natural or organic spices, so I used Trader Joe’s taco seasoning mix.
You really need just 1 bowl to make this healthy taco dip. And no cooking required. Use any large serving platter if you don’t have clear glass baking dish. It is also OK to use cumin instead of taco seasoning mix.
This dip is perfect for potlucks, football (hockey) get togethers and really any party => healthy potluck recipes.
Serve with any healthy tortilla chips – organic and/or multigrain. It goes perfect with any healthy burger recipes during summertime BBQs!
You can make it up to 1/2 a day ahead and refrigerate covered. Then just drain carefully the liquid from the bottom of the dish before serving. You might also like my healthy French onion dip.
Healthy 7 Layer Dip
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa low sodium
- 1 tsp taco seasoning mix all natural like Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt non-fat
- 1 cup salsa low sodium
- 3 medium avocados pitted & skin removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp taco seasoning all natural like Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 small jalapeño finely diced
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce finely shredded
- 1 cup Tex Mex Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted & sliced
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork. Add remaining Bean Layer ingredients and mix. Spread the mixture in 8 x 11 baking (clear) dish or onto any other large serving platter.
- Spread White Layer over the beans followed by a Salsa Layer.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with a fork and add remaining ingredients from Guacamole Layer. Mix and spread on top of Salsa Layer.
- Place a layer of lettuce over the Guacamole Layer and top with cheese. Garnish with black olives. Serve immediately with any healthy tortilla chips.
Delicious, I have made this recipe for a few potluck gatherings with my friends and everyone loves it. Making it again tomorrow!
Awesome! It is one of my favourites for potlucks too.
Made this today. Rave reviews!
Your right Olena. It is great for parties. Everyone enjoyed this mex dip at my New Years Eve party.
Oh this looks so good! I can make my own taco seasoning too with cumin and garlic or chili powder. I also know Sparks Cookbook has homemade seasoning recipes too. I just love how you made it healthier!
At the first day it was very good dip! I like it so much!
But next day it is bad, watery…. lettuce soft… ew.
Olena how you can make it a day before ate it?
Hi Galina. This dip is the same day consumption dip. There is no way to make it ahead and should be served and eaten immediately.
Do you think this would be any good served hot?
No, it wouldn’t. Look for any other hot dips under my appetizers category.