Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is full of classic buffalo chicken wings flavor and made easy in your pressure cooker. This creamy, spicy appetizer is perfect for game day and parties!
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Ingredients for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in Instant Pot
- Tips for Best Results
- What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- How to Store and Reheat
- More Buffalo Recipes to Try
- More Appetizer Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- One pot: Everything is done in your electric pressure cooker, eliminating the need for baking. One pot Instant Pot recipes are the best!
- So easy: Making buffalo chicken dip in Instant Pot means you don’t have to plan too far in advance. This easy appetizer can be whipped up at the last minute and ready in 30ish minutes.
- Flavorful: Even without ranch dressing, it’s creamy, cheesy, and packed with buffalo wing flavor.
- A crowd pleaser: Always a consistent favorite at game day parties, family gatherings, or casual get-togethers.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
A short list of 6 simple ingredients is needed for this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Chicken: I make this dip with boneless skinless chicken breasts, you can also use chicken thighs.
- Hot sauce: Choose any brand you like, I like Frank’s Red hot sauce.
- Shredded cheese: Freshly grated cheddar cheese will melt nicer and enhance the overall cheesiness. Marble cheese, Tex Mex cheese, or mozzarella cheese will also work.
- Cream cheese: Cut full-fat cream cheese into small cubes for quicker melting.
- Greek yogurt: Helps create a creamy texture.
- Blue cheese: Crumbled blue cheese adds a salty finish.
- Garnish: Optional, but I like to top buffalo chicken dip with green onion or chives and more blue cheese.
I decided to keep this dip recipe made with more real ingredients, so I skipped the ranch dressing. If you would like to use it, skip the Greek yogurt and blue cheese at the end and add half a cup of store-bought ranch. If you have time, make my healthy ranch dressing and use that.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in Instant Pot
Here’s a quick and easy overview how to make buffalo chicken dip in Instant Pot, it’s both easy and delicious!
There is a full recipe card below.
- Cook chicken: Add chicken breasts and hot sauce to Instant Pot. Close lid and set valve in the Sealing position, then press Pressure Cook on high pressure or Manual button for 15 minutes. After wait 10 minutes, then turn valve to Venting to release pressure.
- Shred chicken: Use 2 forks to shred chicken right in the Instant Pot, so you don’t have to dirty another bowl or cutting board.
- Add cheese and yogurt: Press Saute and add shredded cheese and cream cheese. Stir until melted then hit Cancel. Next, add yogurt and blue cheese and stir until incorporated. Let dip thicken for 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve: You can transfer dip to a serving bowl or keep it in Instant Pot on the Keep Warm function. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and green onion or chives and serve with celery, carrots, crackers, and tortilla chips.
Tips for Best Results
With these helpful tips, this buffalo chicken dip will vanish as quickly as it came together.
- Use full fat dairy: Choose Greek yogurt with 2% fat or higher. Non fat yogurt will be too bland for this recipe and make the dip runny.
- Make it more spicy: It is pretty spicy as it is but you can always add another 1/4 cup of hot sauce.
- Double the recipe: Make a huge batch by doubling ingredients in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, keep same cook time.
- Bake it: If you wish to add a bubbly cheesy layer on top, transfer dip into a medium baking dish, top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bake in the oven at 400 F for 10 minutes.
- Use blue cheese dressing: If you’re a huge blue cheese fan, use this Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing instead of yogurt.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
To serve the dip, you can keep it in Instant Pot on the Keep Warm function and serve with a long spoon for scooping. It works particularly well if you have a smaller 3 quart Instant Pot, it won’t even take much space on the table.
Or transfer to a bowl and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and green onion.
Serve Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip with:
- Raw vegetables: Carrot sticks and celery sticks are our go-to but we also enjoy sliced cucumber, zucchini, and bell peppers.
- Chips: I recommend a thick, sturdy chip like tortilla chips, brown rice chips or pita chips.
- Crackers: Thick crackers like Triscuits, Wheat Thins, or brown rice crackers won’t break when dipped.
- Bread: We love serving buffalo dip with sourdough bread, pita bread or sliced baguette.
How to Store and Reheat
Store: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Freeze: Because there is no ranch dressing and especially if you use full fat dairy, this dip should freeze well. Upon thawing, it might have a little bit different texture but just reheat and give it a stir.
Reheat: Microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring in between. You could also reheat in your Instant Pot using the Saute function.
Yes. Be sure frozen chicken breasts are separated and the same 15 minutes should be enough to cook them. Your Instant Pot will just take a little bit longer to come to pressure.
If you use reduced fat cream cheese or yogurt, it can make your dip more runny. Also your dip will be a bit on a runny side at first, just let it sit for 5 minutes and it will thicken a bit.
Yes, you can use regular yogurt but keep in mind it contains more whey than Greek yogurt, so you might have to let your dip sit a little bit longer to thicken. But it’s not critical.
You may use low fat cream cheese and low-fat yogurt but keep in mind that the taste of the dip might be not as rich and flavorful, and the consistency more runny.
More Buffalo Recipes to Try
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In Instant Pot, add chicken breasts and hot sauce. That's right, no water!
- Close the lid, set valve to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on high pressure or Manual button for 15 minutes. After wait 10 minutes and release remaining pressure by turning valve to Venting.
- Open the lid and shred chicken with 2 forks right in Instant Pot (keep the liquid). Press Saute, add cheddar cheese and cream cheese, and stir until melted. Cancel Saute.
- Then add Greek yogurt and blue cheese, and stir more until incorporated. Let dip sit in Instant Pot for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Then transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with more blue cheese and green onion or chives, and serve warm with celery, carrots, crackers and tortilla chips. You can also keep dip in Instant Pot on Keep Warm function and serve with a spoon.
- Store: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring in between, or right in your Instant Pot on Saute function.
- Freeze: Freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat.