Zucchini noodles with chicken, cilantro, and lime is a delicious 20 minute, healthy, and gluten-free dinner idea.
These chicken zucchini noodles are a true light and quick summer dinner which is perfect for the days when it’s too hot to cook. With leftovers for tomorrow, if serving only 2 of you.
Zucchini noodles were quite crisp and not soggy the next day as well. You could even swap out the chicken for another protein like this lime ginger salmon, grilled shrimp, black beans, or even crispy pan-fried tofu.
Looking for more zucchini ideas? Try my lemon dill shrimp with zucchini and peas, chicken zucchini with garlic and corn, or one of the most popular recipes, zucchini bake with garlic parmesan tomatoes. Just to name a few!
How to Make Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Cilantro, and Lime
Make zucchini noodles using a spiralizer or simply chop zucchini into small chunks or stripes.
I sautéed chicken until golden brown, then added a bit of cumin for that Mexican flavour and set aside.
My zucchini noodles were ready to go in the pan for just 1.5 minutes, that’s all it takes. I wanted zucchini to be crunchy and light, rather than soggy and mushy.
Top with previously cooked chicken, sprinkle with lots of cilantro, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and you are in heaven!
More Zucchini Dinner Recipes to Try
- Garlic chicken, zucchini, and corn
- Ground turkey and pesto skillet
- Tex Mex Chicken and zucchini skillet
- Grilled zucchini pizza
- Zucchini Fritters
- Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Also check out my list for 45 quick and healthy dinner ideas.
Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Cilantro and Lime
- 3 large zucchini
- 1.5 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt divided
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp any small hot pepper/jalapeño or to taste seeded and minced (leave seeds in for very hot version)
- 1 medium or 1/2 large lime juice of
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on high heat and add chicken. Saute until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper towards the end, stir and cook for another minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe clean or wash and pat dry the skillet and return to the stove on high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add zucchini noodles. Saute for 1.5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add previously cooked chicken, remaining salt, small hot peppers/jalapeños, lime juice and cilantro. Stir gently and serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 48 hours.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.