Skinny creamy ranch dressing recipe with all the bells and whistles of a full fat store bought version. Salty and perfectly tangy buttermilk, combined with Greek yoghurt and fresh dill. Oh, and those tiny pieces of freshly ground black pepper are a must!
Perfect to serve over any mixed veggies and greens salad, as a dip for chicken wings and your next vegetable tray.
Being a true North American discovery, many years ago in Hidden Valley, this salad dressing is very close to me. Growing up in Ukraine, we drank a lot of buttermilk (delicious!) and considered any savoury dish will taste better with fresh dill and garlic.:) I still think dill and garlic is a killer combination.
Just like Latinos praise their cilantro and lime, Ukrainians will serve you any Ukrainian dish with garlic and freshly chopped dill. And many times we do not only add minced garlic while cooking the dish, we eat it raw later with the dish. Like you can never have too much garlic. In this recipe, I used garlic powder. I wanted the dressing to have a hint of garlic rather than to overpower it.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, non fat
- 1/4 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a small jar with a lid, combine all ingredients and mix/shake well. For best taste, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Serve over any salad of your choice like Chef's salad.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 1/4 cup:
Total Fat: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 163.3 mg
Total Carbs: 2.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
Protein: 4.1 g
WW Points+: 1