This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is made with 5 ingredients, in 5 minutes and no mayo! Drizzle over salads or use as a creamy dip!
Table of Contents
I initially made this yogurt blue cheese dressing to go with buffalo chicken tacos, then decided to publish it as a separate recipe because it was so good and easy!
Perfect for the upcoming Super Bowl, it goes with tacos, air fryer buffalo cauliflower, buffalo chicken bites, crispy air fryer chicken wings, fresh veggies, burgers, and the perfect match for anything buffalo!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Simply combine 5 ingredients, likely already in your fridge or pantry, in a bowl or jar and mix.
- Healthy: It’s naturally gluten-free and packed with more protein and fewer calories than store-bought options.
- Flavorful: Perfect blend of tangy Greek yogurt and the bold, salty flavor of blue cheese.
- Meal prep friendly: Keep this homemade salad dressing in your fridge for up to 10 days!
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
You’ll need 5 basic ingredients, including salt and pepper, to make homemade Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing.
- Greek yogurt: This base ingredient creates a creamy texture, I used 4% plain Greek yogurt.
- Crumbled blue cheese: Freshly crumbled blue cheese brings that rich taste fans love.
- Garlic: I grated a fresh garlic clove to enhance the garlic flavor, you can also use garlic powder if you prefer a milder taste.
- Seasoning: Salt and pepper to taste!
How to Make Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
Make your very own Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing in 5 minutes or less using one jar or bowl!
Here’s a quick overview, there is a full recipe card below.
- Assemble all ingredients: In a 16-ounce glass jar with a secure lid or medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix: Give it a good stir with a fork, and if you have a moment, let it sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors mingle and develop.
- Serve: Enjoy with salads, tacos, or as a tasty dip!
Tips for Best Results
Here are my top tips for the best blue cheese dressing with yogurt!
- Use any fat Greek yogurt: I usually recommend full fat yogurt for creaminess, but with the rich blue cheese, use any percentage you like for a flavorful dressing.
- Thin it out: Feel free to gradually pour in a bit of water until it’s easy to drizzle, if you want but not necessary.
- Using regular yogurt: Greek yogurt is best for dip, with regular yogurt it will be thinner which is fine for salads.
- Make it dairy-free: Substitute your favorite plain dairy-free Greek yogurt, any fat percentage.
- Other additions: Add white vinegar or fresh lemon juice for tang, add richness with 1-2 tablespoons of mayo or sour cream, or enhance the flavor with fresh chives, dill, or thyme.
What to Serve Blue Cheese Dressing with?
So versatile and fun, this homemade yogurt blue cheese dressing is a fridge essential for us. Here are some creative ways to enjoy it:
- Salad: We love it drizzled over a healthy cobb salad, steak salad, Caesar salad with a twist, or this spinach salad recipe.
- Anything buffalo: This dressing is the perfect match for anything featuring buffalo! Buffalo chicken tacos, air fryer buffalo cauliflower, buffalo wings, buffalo chicken salad, or buffalo chicken burgers.
- Dip or condiment: Pair it up with crispy veggies, crackers, and pretzels. Or kick it up a notch with some protein like healthy chicken nuggets, crispy coconut chicken, juicy steak, ground chicken burgers, or delicious turkey sliders.
How to Store
Store: Refrigerate in a tightly sealed glass jar for 7-10 days.
Freeze: I do not freeze yogurt dressings because it alters the texture and may cause separation upon thawing.
If you’re not in the mood for all yogurt, you can swap in some mayonnaise or sour cream. It’ll bring in a touch of richness and a bit more fat. Buttermilk will work great too!
You can swap blue cheese for crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese.
Yes! This blue cheese salad dressing can be made up to 10 days ahead of time. Store in a glass mason jar with a tight fitting lid, give a stir, and serve when ready.
I haven’t tried using gorgonzola cheese, but it offers a similar blue cheese taste so it should work.
More Dressing and Sauce Recipes to Try
- Healthy poppyseed dressing
- Greek yogurt tartar sauce
- Healthy honey mustard dressing
- Avocado cilantro dressing
- Balsamic vinaigrette
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a 16 ounces glass jar with a tight fitting lid add Greek yogurt, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir well with a fork. If have time, let stand for 5 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Enjoy with salads, tacos or as a dip.
- Store: Refrigerate in for 7 – 10 days. Do not freeze.