Skip store bought and learn how to make Healthy Ranch Dressing with Greek yogurt! It’s creamy, made with wholesome ingredients, and can be used in healthy salad recipes, as a healthy veggie dip, or for air fryer chicken wings.
Table of contents
This healthy ranch dressing recipe is creamy, flavorful and takes 10 minutes to prep. Not to mention, it is also protein packed!
Homemade ranch is lower in calories, lower in fat, and lower in sodium compared to the store bought stuff. Even ones that are “healthy” have a long list of questionable ingredients and I personally do not find delicious.
This versatile ranch dressing will be your new go to dressing, perfect for meal prep! Keep it in your fridge up to 7 days and enjoy it as part of your healthy homemade salad dressings rotation.
Healthy Ranch Dressing Ingredients
Homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing is easy to make with simple ingredients! It’s naturally gluten free and you can customize it to what you have on hand.
- Greek yogurt or plain yogurt: Any of these two base ingredients work in this healthy dressing. Higher fat content yogurt 2% and up will yield creamier dressing but you can use 0% fat Greek yogurt or fat free plain yogurt if you wish.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is added to taste and has more garlic-y flavor. Garlic powder has more subtle flavor which would be better for a meal prep lunch for the office lunches.
- Onion powder: Gives it that authentic ranch dressing taste!
- Fresh dill: Or 2 tsp dried dill would work. Obviously not as good as fresh but you will get desired flavor pretty close.
- Sugar: Sugar offsets acidity and sourness of yogurt a bit. You can use maple syrup or honey but I personally love real sugar taste in dressings and salads.
- Salt and pepper: Freshly cracked pepper makes all the difference in cooking, especially with the ranch dressing.
How to Make Healthy Ranch Dressing
This homemade dressing is very simple to make by combining all your ingredients in one jar. I love to use a Mason jar because you can just put on the top and shake it all together, so easy!
Combine: In a small jar with lid, add yogurt, water (add only if using Greek yogurt), vinegar, dill, garlic, onion powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
Stir and let sit a bit: Stir with a fork or shake the jar well. Let sit 5 minutes for flavors to “marry” each other and stir again. Ready to serve!
How to Store
Homemade ranch dressing will keep fresh for up to 7 days in the fridge, but I doubt it will last that long!
And like with any refrigerated food, I prefer to use glass containers to store this homemade ranch dressing because the food will not absorb plastic’s chemicals and flavors. Makes all the difference for taste!
Stir or shake before each use. Yogurt tends to thicken on the walls of the container.
Ways to Enjoy It as a Dressing or Dip
The unique flavor of homemade ranch goes with just about anything! Below are salad recipes in which you can swap the dressing for this healthy ranch.
You can also use this ranch dressing as a dip or condiment to your favorite healthy dinner ideas.
- Crispy coconut chicken
- Healthy turkey burgers
- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings
Try adding a few blue cheese crumbles to the dressing when pairing it with foods containing buffalo sauce, so good!
Less than desirable ingredients including added sugar, processed oils, and many other additives make store bought ranch not the best choice!
If you compare nutritional info serving to serving, I promise you will be stunned as I was.
Calories: 30 vs. 226.
Fat: 1 vs. 15
Sodium: 213 vs. 656.
Add a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar if you love ranch dressing with more tang.
More Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes
- Healthy poppy seed dressing
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Avocado cilantro dressing
- Healthy honey mustard dressing
- Healthy Caesar dressing
Healthy Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt
- In a small jar with lid, add yogurt , water (Greek yogurt only), vinegar, dill, garlic, onion powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir with a fork or shake the jar well. Let sit 5 minutes for flavors to "marry" each other and stir again.
Store: Refrigerate in a jar for up to 7 days.
- More subtle garlic taste: Use garlic powder.
- Dried dill weed: Use 2 tsp dried dill weed if you are unable to source fresh dill.
- More creamy yogurt: Higher fat content yogurt 2% and up will yield creamier dressing. You can use 0% yogurt if you wish.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.