I kept this ground turkey stew simple with ground turkey, cannellini beans, kale, Kalamata olives and fresh herbs. The flavours are much of a Mediterranean origin here.
Sweet pieces of turkey meat, soft white beans, chewy kale, tangy Kalamata olives in a savoury tomato broth. This ground turkey vegetable stew came out delicious! And the older it is, the better it gets. Just like wine.
More Stew Recipes to Try
More Ground Turkey Recipes to Try
- Ground turkey taco soup
- Ground turkey and zucchini skillet
- Ground turkey and potato skillet
- Ground turkey quinoa casserole
- Ground turkey and broccoli pasta
You might also love these 45 ground turkey recipes!
Ground Turkey Stew
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lb ground turkey extra lean
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water boiling
- 14 oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 2 tsp oregano thyme or Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced in halves
- 4 cups kale coarsely chopped & packed
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Preheat dutch oven or large heavy bottom pot on medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and garlic, saute for 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add turkey and cook for 12-13 minutes, breaking into pieces and stirring every few minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, water, beans, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaves, then stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice, olives and kale, then stir, cover and let stand a few minutes or until kale is wilted. Add basil and parsley, stir again and it’s best to let the flavours “marry” each other for 10 minutes or so. Discard the bay leaves and serve hot.
- Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.