Instant Pot Stir Fry is one pot wonder with frozen chicken, frozen vegetables and healthy easy teriyaki sauce. Do you need to be saved at the end of the work day? Then this healthy Costco Instant Pot dinner with 5 mins prep is for you!
Instant Pot Chicken Stir Fry
Instant Pot stir fry is a dream come true for working moms. I make it when I’m super-super tired. Not lazy because I’m not a lazy person. Just tired. From life. From doing too much. From our crazy fast-paced North American lifestyle. Sounds familiar?! Right?!
This Instant Pot chicken stir fry recipe is literally chicken breasts cooked in 5 ingredient healthy teriyaki sauce. Then shredded and mixed with frozen stir fry veggies. Requires literally 5 minutes of prep time from you. Leave the rest to a pressure cooker because it’s here to simplify our lives. Not to complicate them.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out my most popular collection of 30 healthy Instant Pot recipes.
- Frozen (fresh) chicken breasts
- Frozen stir fry vegetables (I really love this mix from Costco)
- Fresh garlic and ginger
- Soy sauce and maple syrup
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Stir Fry
If you are new to pressure cooking, check out my Instant Pot guide. It explains what happens, why and how to avoid failures. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet but are thinking about buying one, I explain which Instant Pot to buy in my humble opinion.
- Start by cooking the side on the stove: quinoa, brown rice or vermicelli. So it’s ready when your stir fry is.
- To Instant Pot, add water, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and place chicken breasts on top.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Wait for 10 mins and then release remaining pressure.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Press Saute. In a small bowl whisk cold water with cornstarch. Add to the pot, stir and cook until thickened.
- Add frozen vegetables and keep cooking until veggies are heated through, stirring every minute.
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot fried rice
- Instant Pot rice and beans
- Instant Pot burritos
- Browse all healthy Instant Pot recipes.
Instant Pot Stir Fry
Instant Pot Stir Fry is one pot wonder with frozen chicken, frozen vegetables and healthy easy teriyaki sauce. Healthy Costco dinner with 5 mins prep.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 lbs (2 large) chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I used Bragg liquid aminos)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 12 cups stir fry vegetables, frozen
- In Instant Pot, add 1 cup water, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and place chicken breasts on top.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High for 15 minutes. Display will say ON, Instant Pot will take about 5-7 minutes to come to pressure, you will see a bit of steam coming out from a release valve, then float valve will rise and countdown from 15 minutes will begin.
- When display says OFF, let Instant Pot bring pressure down on its own for 10 minutes and then turn steam release valve to Venting position until the float valve drops down (if it hasn’t dropped down already).
- Open the lid and using 2 forks, shred chicken breasts. Press Saute on Instant Pot, and in a small bowl whisk together 4 tbsp of water with cornstarch. Add immediately to the pot, stir and cook until thickened.
- Add frozen vegetables and keep cooking on Sauté until veggies are heated through, stirring every minute. Serve with quinoa or brown rice.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
For fresh chicken breasts, decrease cooking time to 10 minutes but keep the same pressure release times.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.