An ultimate collection of 45 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for busy families. Quick, easy and the best pressure cooker recipes on the web! Simple and kid approved ingredients to make healthy dinner a breeze.
If you are still learning how to eat healthy using an Instant Pot, you are in the right place. 🙂
45 Instant Pot Recipes
Introducing 45 healthy Instant Pot recipes every pressure cooker owner needs!
Hi! My name is Olena and I’m a working mom of 2. And I “don’t have time to cook”. Sounds familiar? We live off of Instant Pot recipes, soups and freezer meals. 100% honest truth – I am obsessed with mine. Even in the summer, I use it weekly because it keeps my kitchen nice and cool.
With electric pressure cooker recipes, you rarely have to saute anything. You can just throw everything in the pot and walk away (to do other mom/dad chores). At least, I don’t have to babysit my dinner. Healthy dinner is ready, it’s healthy and everyone loves it. Well, most of the time. 🙂
Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it? I know. Instant Pot is life changing. It’s a magic pot!!!
Why You Need an Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)?
- Easy: Hands off cooking method. Instant Pot brown rice might take same time as on the stovetop but you don’t have to bring it to a boil, reduce heat and watch not to burn.
- Convenient: Electric pressure cooker makes true one pot meals acting like skillet and pot at same time.
- Quick: Prep time is a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Tasty: Food comes out more flavorful.
- Frozen: Instapot can cook meat from frozen. Great example would be Instant Pot frozen chicken breast or if you forgot to thaw meat, this Instant Pot frozen ground beef recipe will do it for you, so you can proceed cooking dinner.
- No soaking: Cook dried black beans from dried without soaking first.
- No oops: You don’t have to plan much ahead.
- Make ahead: Amazing for breakfast meal prep. Just take a look at these fluffy Instant Pot egg bites and perfectly hard boiled eggs.
Need more help with dinner? Check out iFOODreal Instant Pot meal plans.
Instant Pot 101
Do you need some help with your Instant Pot? Check out these resources.
- Instant Pot guide
- Why does my Instant Pot say Burn?
- Which Instant Pot to buy?
- How to clean your Instant Pot
- How to Natural Release Instant Pot
- How to Quick Release Instant Pot
- Instant Pot – One Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Chicken and Turkey
- Instant Pot Meat
- Instant Pot Soup and Stew
Browse, pin and bookmark for easy healthy Instant Pot recipes anytime you need.
Healthy Instant Pot One Pot Meals
Imagine meat, side and veggies all cooking in one pot in under 30 minutes to make a healthy dinner. That’s the magic of these healthy instant pot recipes. Skip washing multiple pots, pans and utensils tonight!
Instant Pot Spaghetti is a healthy one pot dinner that is ready in 20 minutes. Pasta, meat and sauce – all cook in one pot. It is a true Italian meal with a lot of flavor and little effort. So hearty!
Lazy Instant Pot Lasagna is made without a springform pan in 30 minutes. Uncooked pasta, meat and sauce combined in a pressure cooker makes the best, easiest and healthiest lasagna! I don’t think I will ever go back to making lasagna the traditional way!
Instant Pot Beef Stew is a one pot dinner with fall apart beef and lots of vegetables cooked in a delicious gravy sauce. Just like my Ukrainian grandma used to make!
Instant Pot Jambalaya is a delicious one pot meal with veggies sauteed in sausage drippings, tender chicken, rice, succulent shrimp and lots of Cajun spice, seasonings and flavor.
Instant Pot Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a 30ish minute one pot meal with tomato sauce, chicken breasts and gooey cheese on top. Full of staples, kids’ favorite and so easy!
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes is classic comfort food that is ready in under one hour. This recipe is definitely going to be one of your family favorites!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy, mouthwatering and a hands off family comfort food. Made healthy-ish with only 1 cup of cheese and any kind of noodles, this pasta dinner recipe is ready in 15 minutes.
My version of Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls is lazy where cabbage rolls are unstuffed and made into a casserole. It is a one pot meal and the ultimate comfort food from my Ukrainian grandma’s recipe made in electric pressure cooker.
You can make Instant Pot Rice and Beans recipe tonight! With dried black beans, no soaking, no sauteing, in 30 minutes flat. Bam!
Instant Pot Goulash with ground beef or turkey, diced tomatoes, pasta, and melty cheese is a 30 minute one pot meal entire family will love. This is American goulash or American Chop Suey that is perfect for busy weeknights!
Instant Pot Chicken and Turkey
EPIC Instant Pot Chicken Thighs that are juicy, tender, flavorful and ready in 30 minutes. Not to mention, it is a 5 ingredient chicken recipe!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is healthy, sticky and delicious made with fresh or frozen chicken. An easy pressure cooker dinner the entire family will love!
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken or make rotisserie style whole chicken in the pressure cooker with only 5 mins of prep. This chicken comes out super juicy!
Instant Pot Butter Chicken is such an easy healthy 30 minute dinner. You can make this recipe whenever you crave Indian food. Many readers give it 5 stars and call this recipe authentic.
Instant Pot Stir Fry is a one pot wonder with frozen chicken, frozen vegetables and healthy easy teriyaki sauce. Do you need to be saved at the end of the work day? Then this healthy Costco Instant Pot dinner with 5 mins prep is for you!
Instant Pot Meat
The second best feature of the Instant Pot is being able to cook meat from frozen. And it is also so easy to cook other types of meat in your instant pot. Now you can always have a plan, if you forgot to have a plan.
These Instant Pot Meatballs are life changing! Make with any meat, no sauteing, with or without sauce, fresh or frozen, as an appetizer or even add pasta for a one pot meal.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork is juicy, saucy, and perfectly seasoned. Using a pressure cooker is the easiest way to get tender fall-apart pork to your dinner table in under 2 hours!
Instant Pot Ribs are the most juicy, flavorful and easy pork ribs you will ever try. Smothered in homemade healthy BBQ sauce or use healthier store-bought. Ready in unheard of for ribs 1 hour. Instant Pot magic!
Instant Pot Pot Roast with chuck or rump roast cooked in as little as 1.5 hours. You can also add baby carrots and potatoes to make this dinner a one pot meal. Comforting meal with tender (not mushy) vegetables, fall apart beef and delicious gravy!
These tender and juicy Instant Pot Pork Chops are so flavourful. With a perfectly seasoned outer crust topped with a luscious gravy, this restaurant quality meal is ready in under an hour!
Instant Pot Bolognese is Italian meat sauce made in 40 minutes instead of simmering for 3 hours. Same hearty and flavorful sauce that will knock your nonna’s socks off.
Instant Pot Soup and Stew
Stew and soup can be made in a pressure cooker in a fraction of the time it takes to cook on the stovetop. But these recipes taste like they have been simmering all day. Flavorful food is another Instant Pot magic.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup just like my Ukrainian grandma used to make. It is easy, hearty, healthy and delicious. Serve with fresh dill or parsley, lots of pepper and toasted whole grain bread. Yum!
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup with chicken, veggies, rice, herbs, and spices in a delicious broth. This soup is healing, healthy, and tasty! A twist on a childhood favourite.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup with ground meat, rice, veggies and chunky tomato broth is everything you love about stuffed peppers but ready in your pressure cooker within 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is everything you love about Mexican food in a one pot 30 minute meal. Delicious and healthy soup loaded with chicken, veggies and tortillas, this soup will warm you to the bones.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is quick and made easy with simple ingredients. This pressure cooker soup is super creamy and cozy with warm spices.
Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup with tender chunks of beef, carrots, and pearls of barley cooked in a deliciously seasoned broth. It is an easy pressure cooker soup with a comforting homestyle feel.
This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is a hearty stew made with beans, veggies, quinoa and irresistible rainbow of smoky flavours. Full of fiber and protein, vegan friendly and ready in under an hour healthy dinner. Watch it disappear even among carnivores. A winner!!! 🙂
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup is a hearty and delicious vegan soup with no soaking of beans required. Even most avid carnivores and kids will love this soup!
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a flavorful hearty Italian soup with beans, pasta and veggies. Not only it is delicious and comforting but nutritious.
Instant Pot Turkey Chili is the ultimate fall and winter comfort food. Ground turkey, beans, veggies and spices simmer for 15 minutes in your electric pressure cooker with a taste like it has been cooking all day. You can even make this chili with dried beans.
This Instant Pot Chili with ground beef, canned or dried beans and a few pantry staples is thick, hearty and flavorful. A reader shared this recipe with me and now it’s our new favorite. It is called Two Day Three Bean Chili but thanks to the magic Instant Pot, it is ready in 1.5 hours.
More Healthy Recipes
- 20 Almond Flour Recipes
- 45 Healthy Salad Recipes
- 15 Salmon Recipes
- 40 Healthy Chicken Recipes
- 30 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 30 Quinoa Recipes
45 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes: Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
- 4.5 lbs whole frozen chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup cold water
- In 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, add water and place trivet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and dried oregano until combined. Set aside.
- Rinse frozen chicken with cold water and dry with paper towel. It is necessary to remove the frost. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with a bit of oil and rub with your hands spreading all over the chicken. This will help spices to stick to meat.
- Sprinkle prepared spice mix evenly around chicken, while holding onto the wing and turning.
- Transfer seasoned chicken to previously prepared Instant Pot chicken breasts up.
Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual button:
For 6 quart Instant Pot:
- 4 lbs whole chicken – 60 minutes.
- 5 lbs whole chicken – 70 minutes.
For 8 quart Instant Pot:
- 4 lbs whole chicken – 40 minutes.
- 5 lbs whole chicken – 50 minutes.
- 6 lbs whole chicken – 60 minutes.
- After, you have to let Instant Pot release pressure on its own until the pin drops down - called Natural Release. It should take about 15-30 minutes depending on the size of your pressure cooker. 8 quart takes longer.
- Open the lid and carefully remove chicken onto platter, or using tongs or knife, remove pieces right in the pot and serve. Chicken will be super tender.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container or resealable freezer bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in a fridge or on a counter.
- Larger size 8 quart Instant Pot has larger volume (area) for more pressure to build up. Thus, it takes longer to bring pressure up and down.
- Average natural pressure release is: on 8 quart - 40 minutes, on 6 quart - 15 minutes.
- Do not turn valve to Venting as chicken still keeps cooking while pressure is coming down.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.