Let’s talk, guys. Enough of food and recipes. Considering the fact I work from home and the only people I talk to during the week are my kids, I really need to have no-minecraft-spiderman-gangnam-style adult conversation.
1. This week I decided I want to see my abs. I stocked my fridge with lots of veggies and protein. I also did meal preps.
Greens, chopped veggies for green smoothies, chia pudding, overnight oats, Greek yogurt, boiled eggs, sweet potatoes, celery, lemons, peanut butter, feta cheese, quinoa with broccoli and chicken, berry smoothie. 97% organic fridge!
The fridge doors are pretty clean too – milk, maple syrup, wine for cooking, mustard, ketchup, sriracha, fish sauce, almond milk, cherry juice, kid’s drinkable yogurt, tamari sauce, citrus vinegar, Tabasco, Thai sauce (that’s Alex’s). About 80% organic.
Vegetables, herbs and some fruit (I keep most fruit on a counter).
And then the deli drawer is full of cheese mostly for the kids and this lasts a month. I eat only cheese strings once in a while.
2. I’ve been drinking a lot of post-workout protein berry smoothies again.
3. If you have been following me on Instagram, you know I saw my tricep for the first time this week. Now I’m determined to meet my abs I have never seen before.
4. Made some chicken for you. Perfect for meal preps. Will post recipe next week.
5. I want to go somewhere warm, preferably an all-inclusive resort with full-time daycare. Resort like this one in Riviera Maya, Mexico. This time my abs will look different though.
6. Another goal for this year is a trip to Las Vegas with my man. Just me and him. We have been parents for too long. Although this time I won’t be drinking my face off and eating at the Bellagio buffet like 5 years ago. I will go to bed at 11PM to enjoy the next day full of fun. Yeah, I can definitely see my triceps better now and all that makeup…
7. I would like start going to yoga classes in the evening. For health and mental reasons.
8. I got bored with home DVD workouts and started doing various circuits I find on Instagram. So much fun! I’m addicted to Instagram. I also run once in a while.
9. It amazes me that this whole video has been shot with iPhone 5. Who knew it’s that good?! We own 7 Apple devices. It’s bad. At some point of the day we are all on devices. It works.
10. I wish someone invented measuring spoons like ice cream scoops so I stop using my index finger to scrape off the last bits of agave and maple syrup. I’m cheap, I can’t let my organic food go to waste.
11. I’ve been obsessed with overnight oats this week. I know I’m behind.
12. I think these guys are having fun. I hope my boys never get ideas like this.
13. I think Chalene did Happy Song pretty well. She also gives you a breakdown of the moves. I like her swimming pool.
14. We have been watching Olympics every night. We cheered for Canada but really we cheered for everyone. The athletes worked so hard and majority of them have so many injuries. I truly don’t think I want to be a mom of an athlete. Stay home boys, mama will bake you cookies.
We are very proud of Team Canada and especially what matters most in this country is hockey! Needless to say we couldn’t be happier with 2 Gold Medals! Waking up at 4 AM to watch the game was for a reason. Great job, Canada, eh! So proud of you!
15. Was going through our photos and found a picture with these two cuties on our trip to Tofino. If I weren’t there I would never think they are related, you know what I mean?!
16. Me and Kyle hit the slopes a few times this year. It’s been fun. It’s his first year boarding and he loves it! Alex has dislocated his shoulder on the first run and now he is our go-to babysitter for Adam.
And I truly love my home. Especially considering the events taking place in Ukraine right now. My heart goes out to all of them. So sad.:(
Under the clouds lies the heart of Vancouver surrounded by the ocean and mountains.
What are your travel plans this year? Did you watch Olympics? Do you ski/snowboard?
So funny I posted pics of my grudge this week, our fridges are somewhat similar 🙂
I’m also obsessed with overnight oats (though I make in morning & let sit in fridge for an hour – I’m forgetful)
I want to see my abs too! I’m not that motivated but you have given me a push 🙂
My husband and I love Vegas and our honeymoon was in riviera maya – I would love to escape to either right now!!
Have a great weekend!
LOL. That’s so true. I briefly looked at your fridge and yes. You got same feta as me. Where did you stay at Riviera Maya? We love it! That’s where we went for our honeymoon too.:) It’s so quiet and beautiful, perfect for families. I can’t wait to go there again this year. My kids would love it! We stayed at Barcelo Maya for our honeymoon. We also stayed at Bahia Principe and Catalonia Yucatan (which is PERFECT for kids=> they have full-time daycare all day long!!!) Have a great weekend too.:)
Hi Olena! We were talking on IG about Chalene the other week and I feel your pain about boredom from the dvd workouts. I’m feeling very frustrated right now about it 🙁 hopefully tomorrow after a round at the gym I’ll feel better! Lovely triceps, keep up the good work!!
Oh yes. I know. I don’t know why but it’s a disaster. I’m fighting myself before each workout these days. So frustrating. This shall pass too so let’s keep digging.
Nice tricep!!!! I want to see mine! 😉 I did work them tonight, so we’ll see.
Once you see them please share. For extra motivation to see my abs.:)
Love this post! Love the belly shot. I have a similar one on the beach in California. I am so jealous of your fridge. I wish mine was that clean and organized. Lol. I lived in Vegas for 8 years and we actually never even ate at a buffet. We did do way too much drinking, but that is a story for another day.
Fridge…I try to keep my pantry, fridge and kitchen clean and organized but with kids and husband…it’s not that easy.:) I try to stay on top of food in my fridge. I’m a clean freak. OCD sometimes although I’m working on myself LOL. Well, one day we will share our crazy party stories. Yes, we used to drink way more 5 years ago. And 10 years ago…those partying stories are for a separate day. Crazy stories from Russian parties LOL. Now we drink green juice and go to bed at 10PM and love it! Have never loved to sleep and eat so much in my life.
Good morning on this snowy day, I’ve decided my son and I are gonna have a snow day at home. So that means cooking and baking for me. Yummy granola chipper cookies (kinda like an all but the cook cookie). Also will make your buffalo chicken dish (made this before it was a big hit).
I did make the artichoke chicken rollup s and had my in-laws for dinner. It was great and really very easy, kind of impressive to them as well… Looked like a lot of hard work went into them. Served with a baby green salad it was perfect.
Hope you are enjoying the snow, not really my thing but oh well…. Summer is on its way soon I hope. Lol
Good morning, Danielle. You must be in a Lower Mainland too.:) It’s winter wonderland here. Quite unusual for us but kids love it! Snow is not my thing either, it’s supposed to rain later today.
I’m so happy you enjoyed my recipes. To impress the in-laws is important LOL. Those roll ups do look quite fancy. They are a hit with my guests and many other readers’ guests as well. Enjoy your snow day with your boy!
Yes Olena, I am in Powell River its at the top of the Sunshine Coast. Beautiful place to live if you take the ferries out of the equation. I have really enjoyed following your blog. I do like spending my days off cooking for my family and your site has great recipes since I really do try and cook as healthy as possible. Thanks!
That’s right, now I remember you.:) It’s is gorgeous on a Sunshine Coast. My husband wants to retire there. Enjoy healthy cooking! I try to do it as healthy as possible too but it’s real life.
Hi! What a beautiful site you have. I am also a BC blogger (we are in White Rock) and of Ukrainian heritage. Heartbreaking was is happening there right now. You have a gorgeous space here and I really enjoy your recipes and writings. So happy to have found ifoodreal and look forward to seeing your creations! Lisa. (P.S great post today!)
Heeeey, Lisa. Thank you! I just checked out your blog and can totally relate to you. We are very much alike and I adore your recipes! White Rock – love it!. OK, my comment sounds like a love confession LOL. I’m so glad we found each other. xxx
Why is it always so fun to peek inside someone else’s fridge to see what they love to eat!?!? What a fun post! High-five on finding those triceps :D! Love the cute vacation pics through the years and the shots of skiing/boarding fun – we’ve been doing some of that lately, too!
LOL I know. We are nosy creatures. We all like to take a peek into people’s lives. Hey, that’s why reality TV is so damn popular now. I’m not stupid but I watch some of it. LOL
I just got back from Vegas. I think we have the same picture at the Venitian : ) We are planning a trip out west (I hope) in the fall, San Fran and Portand. Although I’d love to add Vancouver to that list I don’t htink we have the time/money this year.
I am about to sit down and do my meal plan for the week (it will take a few for me to see my abs but I am inspired by your fridge). Going to look through your site for some recipes. Great talking with ya!
Nice!!! I think everyone has the same photos from Vegas.:) Portland is on our list as well this spring but it’s an easy drive for us. I also would like to go to NY and San Fran. So many places to visit and so many things to do but money and time…I always end up going to all inclusive – too easy with two kids LOL.
Clean eating is a journey. It didn’t happen overnight for me. A few years. So hard work+dedication=success! It’s better to start now than later. Good luck!