I’m in love with one sheet pan dinners! It took me a while to take a leap of faith mainly because I was concerned meat would come out dry and vegetables overcooked. But nothing of that happened because “I’m not just a pretty face”. Alex can’t stop raving about the magic of “shit pan dinners” as well. His exact words, not mine.
Potatoes were crispy coated in dried oregano, garlic powder and generous amount of olive oil. And chicken juicy and tender with roasted tiny tomatoes on top. And all action happens in one pan – you will love this one pan chicken and potatoes for your next weeknight dinner or lunches for a week. This size of tray fed 4 of us one night really well.
How to Make One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone mat. I’m in love with my Amazon Basics silicone mats – I swear I roast more because I don’t have to tear parchment paper each time. After wash, I store mat right inside the sheet, pull out when ready to cook and that’s it.
About the size of baking sheet: It’s half sheet. I debated whether to buy a huge one for the longest time but Alex convinced me that’s outside of anyone’s norm, so we will stick with what everyone has. This size feeds 4 people for dinner well!
The process: Lay chicken cutlets on one side and potatoes on the other side in a single layer. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with spices, and using your hands, mix each “pile” to coat separately, and spread in a single layer after mixing. Adding grape tomatoes on top of chicken prevents it from over drying, adds flavour and “a veggie factor” (although technically, tomato is a fruit).
Bake uncovered on a bottom rack for 25 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, squeeze lemon over entire dish, and sprinkle with dill or parsley.
Now, wasn’t this damn good and easy?! Perfect easy dinner to make during this crazy season. Enjoy!
One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
One Pan Chicken and Potatoes combined with tomatoes, oregano and garlic, then baked for an easy and tasty dinner. No other dirty bowls.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs (5 cups) baby potatoes, cut in halves
- 1 lb (6-8) chicken cutlets, boneless & skinless*
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp oregano, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp dill or parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Lay chicken cutlets on one side and potatoes on the other side in a single layer (tight is fine). Drizzle potatoes and chicken with 1 tbsp of oil EACH. Then sprinkle with 1 tsp oregano and garlic powder EACH. Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt and pepper to taste over BOTH. Using your hands, mix each “pile” to coat separately, and spread in a single layer after mixing. Lay grape tomatoes on top of chicken.
- Bake uncovered on a bottom rack for 25 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, squeeze lemon over entire dish, and sprinkle with dill or parsley. Wasn’t this damn good and easy?! Enjoy!
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
*I took 2 huge chicken breasts and cut them into cutlets using fillet knife.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.