With a perfect balance of lean protein and vegetables, this chicken and cauliflower curry recipe can be made all vegan using extra cauliflower and served over brown rice or quinoa.
Mild enough for the little ones. Large skillet for leftovers, I love them – teriyaki chicken and cauliflower skillet, shrimp quinoa with asparagus and garlic butter, and quinoa skillet with chicken and garden veggies.
Curry is so simple. I remember even my Ukrainian grandma used to make curry. It is simply a combo of coconut milk, curry powder and ginger with any veggies or meat. In my world, curry is simple, heart healthy and delicious.
My absolutely favourite brand for canned coconut milk is Thai Kitchen. I love the texture of it – always smooth.
I served this chicken and cauliflower curry over brown rice but quinoa would be great too.
For my youngest son I diluted his portion with Greek yogurt to make it less spicy (he is super picky when it comes to spices). Oldest one made it alive.:)
30 Minute Chicken and Cauliflower Curry
- Brown rice or quinoa*
- 1 large onion, cut in half moons
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (for GF version) or 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 + 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.5 lbs cauliflower (4 cups), cut into small florets
- 1.5 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces**
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped (optional)
- Cook brown rice or quinoa as per package instructions.
- Preheat large non-stick deep skillet on low – medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger, bell peppers and cook until soft, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, honey, curry powder, turmeric, cornstarch, salt, pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, add cauliflower + chicken and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Serve hot, on a bed of brown rice or quinoa, garnished with cilantro and green onions.
*You decide how much rice or quinoa to cook depending how much you eat. **Substitute chicken for extra cauliflower for a vegan version.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1 + 1/3 cups:
Total Fat: 8.0 g
Cholesterol: 55.0 mg
Sodium: 612.4 mg
Total Carbs: 9.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 28.8 g
WW Points+: 5