Do you like peanut butter and banana sandwich? Do you like ice cream? You will like this healthy peanut butter pie then. It’s creamy, rich, and sweet. You keep it frozen and thaw for 20 minutes before serving, and then it’s just like ice cream – it melts in your mouth and I, personally, close my eyes.
Delicious nutty crust with a touch of cinnamon wrapping up that creamy vegan no tofu filling. It’s gluten free, vegan and sans all the cr@p found in a store bought Graham crust that is usually used for no bake pies.
I despise preservatives and any chemicals in our food. I would rather eat more calories and real food, than all those “skinny” chemical things.
Have you ever pureed bananas? It’s pure vegan ice cream – rich and naturally sweet. Add peanut butter, and it’s even richer and creamier ice cream.
Now, I just need to put some duct tape on my mouth to stop me from eating this pie non-stop.
Healthy Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 3 – 4 tbsp almond, rice or soy milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To make the crust, add Crust Ingredients to a food processor and process until a ball of dough forms, stopping and scraping the sides of the bowl. Start with a few tablespoons of almond milk and add more if necessary to bring to a desired consistency. Be careful not to over process the crust into a nut butter. Transfer the dough to a 9″ pie dish and flatten on the bottom and sides with your hands to make a pie shell. You can make a pretty rim using the fork.
- Give food processor a rinse, wipe with a towel and add Filling Ingredients. Process until smooth, pausing and scraping the sides of the bowl. Pour filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (optional), cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours or until frozen. Thaw on a counter for about 30 minutes before slicing and serve.
Storage Instructions: Freeze covered for up to 3 months.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving = 1 slice:
Total Fat: 26.5 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 158.6 mg
Total Carbs: 27.9 g
Sugars: 15.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
Protein: 10.7 g
WW Points+: 10