This Healthy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is fluffy, light and full of strawberry flavour. Easy to make with fresh or frozen strawberries and Nutella crust, it’s perfect for any celebration.
Strawberry filling is absolutely irresistible with melt in your mouth souffle texture! That’s why we also love healthy strawberry cheesecake bars, Greek yogurt cheesecake, and Instant Pot cheesecake bites.
Table of contents
- Ingredients You Will Need
- How to Make No Bake Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake
- Tips for Best Results
- Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
- What If My Cheesecake Doesn’t Set?
- Do I Need to Refrigerate Healthy No Bake Cheesecake?
- Can Leftover Cheesecake Be Frozen?
- How to Store
- More Healthy No Bake Dessert Recipes
We love no bake desserts around here – no bake peanut butter pie, strawberry yogurt and no bake healthy key lime pie bars.
This healthy no bake strawberry cheesecake is perfect for any celebration including Easter or Mother’s Day. It’s souffle like texture with cream cheese and Greek yogurt is perfect and melts in your mouth! Making it a more low fat cheesecake than traditional recipes.
The fluffy, sweet, and flavorful filling with fresh or frozen strawberries, and more fresh strawberries on top add more natural, sweet flavor. It’s like your favorite healthy strawberry smoothie turned into a dessert!
The crust that holds all this amazing goodness resembles a healthier Nutella. Roasted hazelnuts, raw cacao powder, and unrefined sugar, it is absolutely delicious. We also love this healthy no bake nutella pie!
Overall, this healthy strawberry cheesecake is plainly sensational!
It’s easy to make and perfect for non-bakers just like my healthy banana cream pie! There are no eggs, so no risk of overbeating them and no risk of cheesecake cracking or underbaking or overbaking while in the oven.
It contains just 8 simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store. Other simple strawberry recipes we love are these healthy strawberry bars!
Healthy strawberry cheesecake recipe is made with no condensed milk or heavy cream. Lighter, lower in fat, and made with maple syrup it is one of my many healthy dessert recipes that you don’t feel bad eating.
And everyone will just love it because of its mousse like healthy cheesecake filling!
Ingredients You Will Need
Do not be turned off by a long list of ingredients for this healthy no bake cheesecake recipe. They are very basic and repetitive. And the process of making it is quite easy too!
Here is what you need to make this healthy dessert:
- Nuts: I find hard nuts like hazelnuts and almonds taste good and don’t become soggy like walnuts and cashews.
- Cacao powder and pure vanilla extract: Cocoa powder will work as well.
- Cream cheese: Room temperature regular full fat cream cheese in bricks. Not low fat and not cream cheese spread sold in tubs.
- Greek yogurt: 2% fat and higher is the best. Yogurt replaces some of the cream cheese and heavy cream making cheesecake lighter.
- Strawberries: It is important to use fresh strawberries for strawberry spinach salad. But for this cheesecake 1 lb of fresh or frozen strawberries work, just like with healthy strawberry muffins. Factor in another 1 lb of fresh berries for optional topping.
- Maple syrup: We are using only 3/4 cup as a sweetener. Liquid honey works but has stronger taste.
- Gelatin: You will need 2 packets of regular gelatin (14 gr total). Or 2 tbsp if you buy it in a jar. Unfortunately, I am not aware of how any substitute like agar or carrageenan work. And you need to use a thickening agent 100%. If you try, please let me know.
How to Make No Bake Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake
Make Healthy Nutella Crust
This ‘Nutella’ crust is healthier than classic graham cracker and butter crust. The roasted hazelnuts make crust really pop and stand out plus it tastes delicious with healthy strawberry cheesecake filling.
- Make the crust: Blend roasted nuts with cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Be careful not to overprocess nuts into nut butter.
- Press into crust: Line 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper, close the form on top and cut around the edges. It will stick outside. OR circle and cut the round and place inside. Press crust into the bottom of a springform pan using your hands or spatula.
Make Healthy Cheesecake Filling
Strawberry puree flavors the Greek yogurt cream cheese filling making it a healthy no bake strawberry cheesecake.
- Puree strawberries until very liquidy and then push through a fine mesh strainer with a spoon to separate liquid from pulp, working in batches. At the end you will be left with about 1 cup of puree and pulp.
Do not discard the pulp. I mix it with Instant Pot yogurt and maple syrup and enjoy.
- Bloom gelatin by sprinkling dry gelatin over cold water, letting it sit for 15 minutes and then melting it on low heat while stirring constantly until mixture is clear, about 3-4 minutes.
- Blend cream cheese with yogurt and add strawberry puree: Cut cream cheese into pieces and using a mixer, blend with yogurt until very smooth and no lumps – about 5 minutes.
- Add strawberries and gelatin: Add strained strawberry puree and blend until smooth. You will have to pause and scrape the walls. Then whisk melted gelatin with 1 cup of strawberry filling, then pour back into a bowl and blend with a mixer.
Gelatin will be hot and you don’t want to pour it into a bowl with cold cream cheese as it will set immediately in strands. Instead, cool for 2 minutes off the stove, whisk with 1 cup cream cheese filling and only then incorporate with the remainder of batter.
Pour healthy strawberry cheesecake filling over the crust and refrigerate on the bottom shelf (the coldest) of the fridge for at least 7 hours or overnight.
To remove no bake healthy cheesecake from a springform pan without causing cracks or damaging it, run a knife along the edge of the cake while in the springform and only then release the lock mechanism. If you release the form abruptly without separating the cake from it, it might crack.
Fresh Strawberry Topping
Sliced strawberries on top look impressive and add another layer of flavor. For photo purposes, I left them on top of the cake. In real life, it is much easier to slice the cheesecake first and then top with sliced berries on each plate.
Slice cake into 12 slices and serve!
Tips for Best Results
- Regular yogurt: Can only be used if you strain regular 2%+ fat yogurt in a linen towel or cheesecloth over a mesh strainer for 3 hours. It will become Greek yogurt. Discard whey or use it to make whole wheat buttermilk pancakes.
- Plan ahead and soften the cream cheese: I can’t stress enough the importance of soft room temperature cream cheese. Cold cream cheese will stay lumpy.
You can warm up cream cheese quicker by placing foil bricks into a bowl with warm water for some time. Works great if you forgot to leave it on the counter.
- Let gelatin mixture cool: I can’t stress enough the importance of not pouring hot gelatin directly into the filling as it will set and turn into strands immediately.
- Refrigerate, don’t freeze during chill time: It might be tempting to speed up the process and stick healthy strawberry cheesecake in the freezer. Colder air won’t set the cheesecake evenly.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes. If using frozen strawberries, thaw them first and don’t drain. Also taste the filling for sweetness as fruit used for freezing is less ripe. Add more maple syrup, if necessary.
Got extra frozen berries? Swap the raspberries for strawberries in this easy raspberry vinaigrette.
What If My Cheesecake Doesn’t Set?
To ensure properly set healthy strawberry cheesecake, you have to chill it in the fridge for at least 7 hours.
If it is still not set after this time for whatever reason, you can place it in the freezer for a short amount of time, about 1-2 hours. Do not freeze it uncovered too long, check on it often, so the texture doesn’t become gritty.
Do I Need to Refrigerate Healthy No Bake Cheesecake?
Yes, whether a cheesecake is not baked or baked, it needs to be refrigerated for food safety reasons.
You are safe, though, to leave healthy no bake cheesecake at room temperature for about 1-2 hours. If it is very hot, then I recommend not more than 45 minutes of it sitting outside the fridge.
Can Leftover Cheesecake Be Frozen?
Yes. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
You can freeze it whole right in a springform pan which is the best option since it is deep. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap 2-3 times and then in foil. This is a great option when serving a crowd! Thaw on a counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight. Slice and serve.
For individual portions, I recommend to freeze healthy no bake strawberry cheesecake slices in an airtight container. My husband enjoys this option on hot summer days! Thaw on counter to soften for 15 minutes.
More likely it is due to improperly incorporating the gelatin mixture into it. It happened to me once during testing when I rushed and poured hot gelatin directly into healthy cream cheese strawberry mixture. Gelatin solidified into strands without thickening the cake.
Yes. White sugar, cane sugar or low carb alternative like erythritol can be used. No changes to the original no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is necessary.
Yes, you can make mini no bake cheesecakes. You can either do so in a muffin pan lined with parchment paper liners (might need 2) or in small glass Mason jars.
How to Store
You can refrigerate leftovers right in the springform pan covered with plastic for up to 3 days.
You can make ahead the cheesecake, then refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Wrap it up tightly so it doesn’t dry out and wait to top it with fresh strawberries until serving time.
I hope you let me know in comments below how much you enjoyed this healthy no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe! 🙂
More Healthy No Bake Dessert Recipes
Healthy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No Bake Cheesecake Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or liquid honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 lb (3 cups) fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries hulled & sliced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp 14 grams unflavored gelatin
- 2 x 8 oz blocks cream cheese room temperature and cut into pieces
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt 2%+ fat
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or liquid honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries hulled and sliced (for topping)
No Bake Crust:
- To roast nuts, preheat skillet on medium heat and add nuts. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and fragrant. Watch them not to burn. In a food processor, add roasted nuts and process until coarse. You can laso chop them by hand or with a hand chopper.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and process or stir in a bowl until well mixed. It will smell like Nutella.
- Line 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. You can do so by cutting out a circle a size of the pan. Or place parchment on the bottom pan, close springform on top and then cut out parchment on the outside. Add processed crust and flatten it using a spatula or your hands. Set aside.
No Bake Strawberry Filling:
- In a small saucepan, add 1/2 cup cold water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside and let it bloom while you are making the filling.
- In a food processor, add strawberries and process until very smooth and well blended puree forms.
- Place fine mesh strainer over a bowl, pour as much strawberry puree as fits in it and using a spoon push to strain through. You should end up with about 1 cup liquid.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and yogurt. Beat on high speed until smooth and no lumps, about 5 minutes.
- Add strawberry puree, maple syrup, vanilla and process until well combined, pausing and scraping the walls if necessary.
- Place pot with bloomed gelatin (it will look thick) on low heat. Warm up stirring constantly until gelatin liquid is clear and gelatin has completely dissolved. Remove gelatin from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup cheesecake filling to it, stir and pour back into a bowl with filling. Beat with a mixer until well combined.
- Pour filling into prepared pan on top of crust. Refrigerate for at least 7 hours on the bottom shelf or overnight.
- To serve, run knife around the edge of cheesecake inside the springform pan before releasing it. This step ensures cake won’t crack.
- Then carefully release and remove springform, cut into 12 slices and serve. I would add chopped strawberries to individual plates. I added on top for pics but it is hard to cut cake with them.
- Store: Refrigerate leftovers in a cheesecake pan covered with plastic or foil for up to 2 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze leftovers or entire cheesecake by wrapping it inside the form in plastic and then aluminum foil. Thaw on a counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Nuts: Hazelnuts or almonds produce the tastiest crust. I found walnuts and cashews become soggy.
- If using frozen strawberries, taste filling for sweetness. Frozen fruit is usually less sweet.
- You may use low fat cream cheese but be ready for low fat taste.
- Nonfat Greek yogurt will taste chalky and flat. You can strain regular yogurt 2%+ fat in a linen towel or cheesecloth over a mesh strainer for 3 hours. It will become Greek yogurt. Discard whey or use it for whole wheat buttermilk pancakes.
- You can warm up cream cheese quicker by placing foil bricks into a bowl with warm water for some time. Works great if you forgot to leave it on the counter.
- Do not pour hot gelatin directly into filling as it will set and turn into strands immediately.
This was delicious!!
For sure a few extra steps to make but it was worth it, and I made it same day and put it in the freezer for a few hours w great results!
Thanks for another winner 🙂
So glad you enjoyed it! Desserts are always worth it. 🙂
Deliciois and easy to make. My family loved it! Making again for sure.
So glad you enjoyed it!
Novice here, but I can’t find anywhere in the recipe what size springform pan to use?
Oh, my bad. Just regular – 9 inch.
Made it for my husband on Father’s Day. It was the bomb! Everybody loved it! Thank you for this awesome recipe!
Forgot to defrost berries upfront. Blended them and since they wouldn’t stain put them all in. Added a bit more gelatin. Turned out supper yummy!
Anna! Thanks for sharing your positive feedback. So glad your family enjoyed this cheesecake on Father’s Day!
I figured it out! I will freeze it to share with friends over the 4th of July weekend. I added 1 tablespoon of maple sugar each to the crust and to the cheese filling since my frozen strawberries were not sweet enough.
I tasted the filling. Yummy
Glad you got it figured out!
Quick question: You only add the 1 cup of purée you collected in the bowl to add to the cream cheese filling? Not the strawberry in the mesh strainer?
This recipe is a no brainer. I made similar version with lemons and it too works well. Happy cooking!