Coconut Oil Fudge Recipe
This melt in your mouth coconut oil fudge is made only with 3 ingredients: ripe bananas, coconut oil and cacao powder. Not a pinch of salt, cinnamon or a drop of vanilla.
I think I ate the whole pan over a week by myself. Whenever I want an afternoon snack or a treat, this coconut oil chocolate fudge saves the day. To the freezer I go, ha!
Does It Have Banana Taste?
Yes, this coconut oil fudge recipe does have a banana taste. I love bananas so much, I buy 24-30 at a time. I know, I might look like a zookeeper but we love bananas, same story with apples. Because we barely eat any processed snacks (some wholesome we do), we consume a lot of fruit. No human will be born ever to convince me that too much fruit is too much sugar – that is completely different sugar paired with fiber, nutrients and vitamins.
How to Make Coconut Oil Fudge
- Melt coconut oil on a stovetop or in a microwave. Since our kitchen remodel, we took out a microwave and this is how I have been melting chocolate chips and coconut oil lately. Works like a charm. Could oil spill and cause fire? Maybe. But I’m watching it closely and make sure measuring cup is sitting steady on a stove’s grid. Also make sure not to fill the cup fully with solid coconut oil as it expands during melting. This is a Ukrainian hack for you.:)
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all ingredients and process until very smooth, pausing and scraping the walls once or twice. Consistency should be runny and not mousse like.
- Pour into lined with parchment paper 8” x 8” square dish and freeze for 2 – 3 hours. Remove from the freezer, let thaw about 5 minutes and cut into 16 squares.
Hungry for More Healthy Fudge Treats?
- Superfood chocolate bars – glorified and healthified dark chocolate bars.
- Healthy chocolate coconut balls that resemble haystacks.
- Avocado mint fudge when you crave peppermint fudge and not cups of sugar.
Coconut Oil Fudge
Easy 3 ingredient coconut oil chocolate fudge that is naturally sweetened but tastes like the most indulgent treat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: North American
- 4 medium bananas, very ripe (many brown spots)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all ingredients and process until very smooth, pausing and scraping the walls once or twice.
- Pour into lined with parchment paper 8” x 8” square dish and freeze for 2 – 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, let thaw about 5 minutes and cut into 16 squares.
Store: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.