This vanilla chia pudding with vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract is very basic, and can be altered in so many ways. It takes 2 minutes to prep the night before. You can make a few at a time (I like to do 5 for Monday – Friday) as chia pudding stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. What’s important in this recipe is chia seeds : liquids ratio. I like my chia pudding neither soupy, nor spoon standing thick. Just like “normal” pudding.
Then in the morning, grab a jar (I love little Mason jars) and top with your favourite toppings like nuts, berries, fruit or coconut flakes. I usually top it with frozen blueberries on which we stock up from local farms in summer. Full of antioxidants blueberries are also low in calories.
How to Make Vanilla Chia Pudding
In small Mason jars (as pictured), add milk, maple syrup, vanilla and chia seeds in this particular order. DO NOT change it up or else. Kidding but don’t.
Stir well with a spoon or fork, let sit for 10 minutes and stir again. This will prevent lumps.
Then refrigerate overnight.
When ready to eat, stir well and top with favourite toppings: nuts, berries, fruit, coconut flakes etc. I have to say if you like toppings, use bigger Mason jars.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup almond milk, vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Nuts, berries, fruit, coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- In any glass container with a tight seal lid, add ingredients in the following order: milk, maple syrup, vanilla and chia seeds. If you would like to add toppings in the morning, use bigger jars, otherwise use smaller jars (pictured).
- Stir well with a spoon or fork, let sit for 10 minutes and stir again. This will prevent lumps. Then refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir well and top with favourite toppings: nuts, berries, fruit, coconut flakes etc.
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 13.9 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 136.8 mg
Total Carbs: 30.1 g
Sugars: 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 20.8 g
Protein: 12.8 g
WW Points+: 6