Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms with mushroom stems, two kinds of cheese and without the breadcrumbs. Easy to make and a crowd pleaser!
Short on time? We also love these 2 ingredient parmesan mushrooms.
Table of Contents
Stuffed mushroom caps with mushroom stems, parsley and 2 kinds of cheese, fresh Parmigiano Reggiano and mozzarella.
You really do not need too many ingredients to make this light, filling and full of flavour party appetizer.
Ingredients for Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms
To make this Parmesan stuffed mushrooms recipe you will need just a few simple ingredients.
- Mushrooms: It is important to choose fresh and firm white or brown mushrooms. I bought this 20 pack at Costco.
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
Here’s a quick overview how to make Parmesan stuffed mushrooms.
Do not rinse them but rather wipe with damp paper towel. This way, mushrooms won’t soak up extra water and become soggy.
Just pull out the stems and finely chop them. Including onions and parsley.
I could use many extra ingredients but I decided to keep this stuffed Parmesan mushrooms recipe simple. Really low key and use what you have on hand. No breadcrumbs either, I often don’t have them on hand.
You can use a tablespoon or two of mayo, cream cheese or sour cream instead of Greek yogurt. Anything that helps to bind the ingredients.
Mushrooms take only 20 minutes in the oven.
You will see the juices on a baking sheet and mushrooms will shrink in size and turn brown. That’s OK.
They come out moist, meaty and full of flavour. Fresh Parmesan cheese adds that nice sharp flavour.
The key is to use fresh cheese and not the finely grated one.
More Mushroom Recipes to Try
- Healthy mushroom stroganoff
- Chicken and mushrooms
- Bean mushroom soup
- Broccoli mushroom stir fry
- Lentil casserole with mushrooms
More Stuffed Recipes
Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a damp paper towel, wipe down the mushrooms. Remove/pull out the stems and finely chop them. Set aside. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- Preheat medium skillet on medium high and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and chopped mushroom stems and saute for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a medium bowl along with parsley, garlic, black pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt and mozzarella cheese. Mix with a fork.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the mushroom caps with stuffing. Place a bit of remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold. I like them both ways.