I made vegan kale pesto which turned out fantastic and then mixed with zucchini noodles for myself and whole wheat spaghetti for the boys.
One of the most delicious dinners I have had in the past weeks.
If you are into pesto and real pasta, check out this super popular healthy pasta recipe.
More Zucchini Dinner Recipes to Try
- Garlic chicken, zucchini and corn – low carb dinner in 20 minutes.
- Cilantro lime chicken zucchini noodles – so good!
- Tex Mex chicken and zucchini skillet – one of the most popular recipes on iFOODreal!
- Also check out my other 45 quick and healthy dinner ideas.
Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
Pesto Chicken Zucchini Noodles – One skillet dinner recipe with your choice of protein, toasted almonds, grape tomatoes and vegan kale pesto.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Prepare pesto. Using a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles. Set both aside.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add chicken or tofu, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown or chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to low heat and add almonds. Cook until lightly brown, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn. Push almonds to the side and add zucchini noodles. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Noodles should be just a tiny bit cooked and warmed through.
- Add previously cooked tofu or chicken, pesto and grape tomatoes. Gently toss and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
*Pesto will stay fresh refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. I found a whole batch of pesto was too much.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.