I’m all about mini food lately: Thai turkey meatballs, Mexican turkey meatballs, turkey quinoa meatballs. Just because it’s so easy to serve, grab or pack. Banana oat protein muffins or quinoa egg muffins, I’m minimizing any meal and packing with protein. And trust me – you won’t be disappointed. These mini turkey meatloaves are delicious and are a breeze to make. I think I just got tired of slicing the meatloaf and drizzling it with ketchup.:)
Tender ground turkey combined with sweet bell pepper and the flavours a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce offers – spicy and smoky. Sealed in a little muffin and topped with homemade Adobo Ketchup. Seriously, one of the most delicious meatloaves I ever made and never tried!
So juicy, flavourful and tender. I would say these mini turkey meatloaf are mild because my kids ate them. Hot or cold, I love these both ways. And don’t skip the Adobo Ketchup – it really adds an extra kick of heat and any food tastes better with extra sauce, right?!
You don’t need an egg to bind the ingredients. Just 1/2 cup of oatmeal does the job and make sure to use gluten free if sensitive. I also experimented making these muffins with ground venison and they came out great! Any meat would work.
A quick chipotle tip: a little goes a long way. Because the can contains 5-6 peppers, I usually freeze them in individual resealable plastic bags. That way nothing goes to waste and I always have one on hand.
And here are a few serving suggestions for a low carb pairing (dinner for me) with turkey meatloaf muffins:
And a few suggestions for a higher carb meal (lunch for me):
Mini Turkey Meatloaf with Adobo Ketchup
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is easy turkey muffins with oatmeal, bell pepper and healthy homemade adobo ketchup.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 29 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
For Turkey Muffins:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey, extra lean (or extra lean bison/beef/game meat)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
For Adobo Ketchup:
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- 1 tbsp ketchup, organic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, saute for 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers and saute for another 4 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl along with turkey, oats, water, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt and mix with spatula until well combined. Using large ice cream scoop, fill 12 tins with meat mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, whisk together Adobo Ketchup Ingredients in a small bowl. Remove meatloaf muffins from the oven and top each with approximately 3/4 tbsp Adobo Ketchup. Serve hot with your favourite whole grain, vegetables or salad.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.